Linux Kernel Developer at Mobica
We are currently looking for strong, experienced senior candidate for the role of Linux kernel expert.
You are expected to be:
- patient to deal with the driver maintenance in a large corporation
- aware of embedded software restrictions and low-level driver developments
- aware of C++ up to the level of advanced inheritance
- High Proficiency with C/C++
- Experience with Linux kernel driver development and debugging
- Experience with board bring up
- Experience with Android graphics stack
- Experience with virtualization technologies
Nice To Have
- Proficient in git
- Experience with ARM CPU architecture
- Experience with scripting, dynamic languages like Python
- Familiarity with Yocto Linux distro creation and maintenance
- Experience with GPU graphics/compute APIs: Vulkan, OpenCL, OpenGL
- Experience with Linux kernel graphics APIs: Direct Rendering Manager (DRM),
- Translation Table Manager (TTM)
- Familiarity with AOSP and Android framework
Mobica | Be Extraordinary_
We are Mobica, a global software services company headquartered in Manchester, UK, with offices across Europe and the USA. We partner with businesses across multiple industries, from aerospace to finance and semiconductors to automotive, providing them with access to engineering expertise across the entire technology stack.
The Mobica Way
Well-known Clients and Projects focused on the Technologies of Tomorrow - Our expertly crafted software underpins many of today’s amazing customer experiences. We work with well-known global brands to develop widely used tech. When you join us, you'll be both challenged and supported, and you'll be a part of something extraordinary.
Empowered Mobicans driving their Careers - We empower our people to develop their skills, push boundaries and move towards new heights. As a Mobican, you’ll have ample opportunities to advance, learn and grow towards your desired career outcomes.
Ideas are prioritised over Hierarchy and Biases - In Mobica, you are listened to and valued. We’ve built an environment that fosters open communication. We've made it our mission to ensure all team members feel welcome, protected from discrimination and have access to equal opportunities.
We believe that employees should be happy - At Mobica, you can define precisely how you would like to work - at home or in the office - we will create the environment for that. You’ll get access to various virtual, offline and on-site events and platforms where you can learn, brainstorm, challenge, express yourself or simply have some fun and make new friends.
We would like to invite you to join the team of passionate engineers working as a team for our customer leading in 3D graphics, virtual and augmented reality, parallel computing and vison processing. We are currently looking for strong, experienced senior candidate for the role of Linux kernel expert.
What can you expect from us?
- We Learn by doing; you will collaborate with industry experts willing to share their knowledge, passion and experience.
- We invest in improving your skills by participating in training and mentoring programs.
- You can advance your career with us by choosing from different career paths (technical, management).
- We’ll help to broaden your horizons by working in an open and supportive multicultural environment.
- Commercial projects from the domain.
- Great atmosphere and supportive environment.
- You will work in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere created by many bonding events and activities.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary adequate to your skills and performance.
- Flexible working hours.
- Training programs.
- Private medical insurance.
- Multisport program.
- English lessons.
- Company social events.
- Relocation assistance.
- Diversity and Inclusion Statement
We aim to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people we can find from various backgrounds and cultures. Inclusivity and equality are cornerstones of our Mobica community and a big part of what makes us so brilliant to work with. Here, dedication and performance are valued and rewarded regardless of nationality, gender, age, religious beliefs or other personal characteristics. Here, diversity is celebrated, and everyone belongs.
“The benefits of having a diverse workforce from different backgrounds, recruited and developed only on the basis of ability, is a core personal belief for me - so I join with other members of Mobica’s leadership in promoting a commitment to recognise equal opportunities and rights for our talented individuals. Every Mobican can expect to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of personal characteristics or beliefs.”