Linux Developer - Sr. Software Engineer, Detections Platform at CrowdStrike
This role is for a Linux Developer in the engineering team that makes filesystem interactions and metadata visible to detections logic.
What You’ll Need:
- Ability to develop and debug high-quality multi-threaded, concurrent, and safe code in C/C++
- Low-level OS knowledge of Linux operating system internals, components, APIs, and design.
- Understanding of the Linux VFS model, the basics of local and remote filesystem implementations, and the corresponding interfaces at the kernel module level
- Experience with kernel-level debugging processes and tools, across multiple distros and kernel versions.
- Able to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team
- Familiar with git/bitbucket/github for source control.
- Prior experience working with kernel space and multi-threaded concurrent systems development in any of our supported platforms, with an interest in growing skills in all of them.
- Prior development or testing experience utilizing Python and pytest.
#WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters - one team, one fight.
About the Role:
This role is for a Linux Developer in the engineering team that makes filesystem interactions and metadata visible to detections logic. We work both in the kernel and in user-space, primarily in C++. Since we’re working with the filesystem; performance and stability are crucial, as is understanding when we need to pay attention and when we can get out of the way. The team is cross-platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS), and collaborates closely to produce cross-platform designs and code where possible. Many features are built in a way that they leverage shared components across Windows and Mac, and we want to enable that commonality. Although we focus on filesystem work, we have wide latitude to work on things that need attention or present opportunities, so we’re not limited to the filesystem.
CrowdStrike Falcon Host is a two-component security product. One component is a “sensor”: a driver installed on client machines that observes system activity and recognizes malicious behavior, then provides on-box prevention capability and remote telemetry to the Falcon Host cloud. The sensor processes thousands of events per second to provide deep visibility into operations on the endpoint, and performs rich correlation and computation to identify malicious events and blocks malicious activity.
The cloud component aggregates sensor telemetry for each customer’s network, correlates malicious behavior across multiple machines, and presents our customers’ operations teams with a prioritized summary of the threats detected in their environments.
CrowdStrike is a remote-first company with offices and developers around the globe. Remote candidates living in the US and Canada are encouraged to apply. Candidates from the UK, EU or Australia are also very welcome to apply, but should know that coordination with US-based teams will be necessary and flexible working hours will be required. For those that prefer office life, CrowdStrike has engineering offices in Irvine (CA), Kirkland (WA), Minneapolis (MN), Sunnyvale (CA), London (UK) and Crystal City (VA). Occasional travel (<10%) is required once the pandemic is over.
What You'll Do:
- Build elegant, robust, and reliable solutions for complex technical problems on Linux, in both user and kernel space.
- Be passionate about learning, and champion the newest technologies & tricks with others, raising the technical IQ of the team.
- Own delivery of systems from start to finish, with a small team of peers - including design, development, testing, performance analysis, and seeing it work in the field.
- Troubleshoot issues with the product when necessary.
Familiarity with eBPF
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation - generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact
, for further assistance.
CrowdStrike, Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. For applicants in Ithaca - NY, New Jersey City - NJ, and Colorado, the salary range is $145,000 - $230,000 per year + bonus + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. The salary range may differ in other states.
CrowdStrike participates in the E-Verify program.
Notice of E-Verify Participation
Right to Work