Lead UX Designer at University of California San Francisco
We’re looking for a talented senior user experience designer with demonstrated leadership in design for digital (web, mobile, email), gathering requirements, storyboarding, wireframing, persona development, user journey mapping, digital accessibility, and inclusive design.
You should have demonstrated your prodigious skills in user-centered design methodologies in a complex academic and administrative environment with a full understanding of industry practices and relevant policies and procedures to resolve highly complex issues. You will gather and synthesize diverse user requirements to serve our mission, and design solutions in concert with many teams in IT and across the University. You will demonstrate excellence in applying advanced concepts, methods, and techniques to produce results. Our projects typically are broad in scope and impact all components of broad, highly complex websites, systems, projects, and departments. You will work with a team of talented UX designers and UI/UX developers to select methods to implement large, complex websites and deliver on the university's mission.
To see the salary range for this position (we recommend that you make a note of the job code and use that to look up): TCS Non-Academic Titles Search (ucop.edu)
Please note: The compensation ranges listed online for roles not covered by a bargaining unit agreement are very wide, however a job offer will typically fall in the range of 80% - 120% of the established mid-point. An offer will take into consideration the experience of the final candidate AND the current salary level of individuals working at UCSF in a similar role.
For roles covered by a bargaining unit agreement, there will be specific rules about where a new hire would be placed on the range.
To learn more about the benefits of working at UCSF, including total compensation, please visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
- Bachelor's degree in a related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Skills in diagramming, prototyping, and using design tools, patterns, and frameworks within a well-defined brand identity.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at the highest levels of the organization.
- Effective time management skills to lead multiple projects at the same time.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Demonstrates problem-solving skills. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience implementing user interface design best practices and guidelines in websites and production software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of design principles and guidelines for areas of expertise (including user-centered design, visual design, interaction design, information/data visualization, user interface software, and design for accessibility).
- Knowledge of software development and the enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of other related areas of IT, such as web and software and project management.
- Ability to provide a clear rationale for designs and strategies in a compelling, context-appropriate manner to diverse audiences.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze business needs, user requirements, and technical constraints and identify ways in which software or web designs can support those needs.
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Demonstrated experience working with agile development teams and product development methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with UI/UX developers to specify and implement design language as pattern libraries and UX components.
- Experience measuring the impact of design choices through engagement analytics and using this data to inform design decisions.