Lead Software Developer at Lumen
The candidate will have demonstrated knowledge and experience in system architecture and engineering disciplines. Specific technical knowledge of enterprise level networking and network security.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 5+ years in java or python software development
- 5+ years working with SQL databases, to include designing database schemas for applications being developed
- 10+ years Linux system experience. This would include system administration and troubleshooting.
- 5+ years in use of source code management tools such as git or SVN
- 5+ years of Networking Experience
- 1+ years of Kubernetes experience to include developing helm charts and deploying applications on kubernetes.
- 1+ years of Docker experience
- 1+ years with Google Cloud Platform
- 1+ years with Amazon Web Services
- Available 24/7 for Network Outages and Maintenance window work.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen with an active Department of Defense TOP SECRET clearance
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
This is a highly technical and hands-on position requiring the selected candidate to both lead and participate in multiple team environments and to provide independent efforts to all aspects of system integration including design, needs analysis, design review, testing, implementation, and validation. The candidate should be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
The Main Responsibilities
- The candidate will have demonstrated knowledge and experience in system architecture and engineering disciplines. Specific technical knowledge of enterprise level networking and network security.
- Evaluate, Build, Integrate, Test and Prepare systems for operational use and patches for rapid remediation and deployment.
- Develop and execute test plans and procedures based upon system security and functional requirements.
- Maintain existing applications by fixing, upgrading and adding functionality as needed.
- Quickly develop new applications that follow appropriate best practices as the need arises.
- Keep existing applications current with the version of the programming language the application is developed in. e.g. Java 11+ or Python 3.10+
- Perform application testing to ensure that new features work or that fixes have not caused any regressions.
- Operational knowledge of system products like VMware vSphere ESXi and Virtual Center
- Work closely with operations team to assist in application deployment to production and also troubleshooting if application issues are discovered.
- Ability to ultilize scripting languages to automate the software development lifecycle
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently or as part of a team
Requisition #: 312451
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.