Lead Java Developer at Lumen
Lumen SP&T is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our OSS organization to help transform our Inventory, Qualification, and Provisioning applications.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of software development experience
- Experience in software development leveraging a variety of languages such as Java, Python, .NET, NodeJS, etc.
- Working knowledge of application servers like WebLogic, JBoss
- Proficient in building SOAP, RESTful APIs, swagger docs, API gateways(Apigee), etc.
- Experience working with SQL and No SQL databases like Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with at least one of the cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Knowledge and experience in testing frameworks like Junit, Mockito, etc., and Test-Driven Development
- Experience with caching and messaging technologies like Redis, Kafka, RabbitMQ
- CI/CD using GitHub, and Jenkins
Preferred (Not mandatory):
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Service Now Order Management
- Experience with UNIX shell scripts, Perl, etc.
- Knowledge of the SAFe framework
- Google Cloud Certification
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen SP&T is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our OSS organization to help transform our Inventory, Qualification, and Provisioning applications. This individual will lead the design and development of scalable software solutions in a fast-paced agile environment. Apply existing and introduce new and approved technologies to develop solutions and enforce architecture standards, procedures, and policies to ensure alignment with strategy, and consistency across different platforms and project implementations. You will also guide service development teams in the designing of complex solutions and ensure that teams are in alignment with the platform architecture principles, standards, strategies, and target states.
The Main Responsibilities
- Participate in software development using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Attend daily stand-ups, sprint planning sessions, and retrospectives to plan, track, and code development tasks
- Delivers results for project and program deliverables & participates in release activities
- Provide on-call support
- Ability to lead and work in a team-oriented environment where team members and business partners are located across the US and internationally
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate multiple tasks to meet established deadlines while accommodating rapidly changing priorities
- Design and build secure, scalable, and highly available software solutions
- Participate in code reviews, develop and execute unit and integration tests as required
- Collaborate with the Global development team and provide technical guidance
Requisition #: 326436
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. More information on what’s included in these checks can be found in the Post Offer section of our FAQ page. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)