Lead Frontend Engineer (all genders) at Goodgame Studios
in this role you will work with a small and focused team, you establish and implement practices and processes that guarantee a consistently high level of quality (linting, testing, deployment).
- You have a strong software engineering background and are experienced writing real, end-user facing production code with actual load and uptime requirements. Experience here means heavy involvement in designing the solution and an active role coding it.
- You’re capable of provisioning an entire functioning system from start to finish, using configuration management tools
- You bring demonstrated experience working with REST or GraphQL APIs
- Several years of hands-on experience with frontend development, including popular frameworks like Vue.js and/or React (we use Vue), and, of course, HTML and CSS
- Experience developing and shipping plugins for frontend platforms (eg Trello PowerUps) is a plus
- Experience creating and shipping plugin framework is a very strong plus
Joining the Live Games Team
We’re focused on one mission: to make our successful MMO games technologically fit for 2021 and beyond. Our teams pull off daring and courageous things, like writing our own transpiler to migrate hundreds of thousands of lines of code from Flash to TypeScript - and then rolling that out to a global, highly engaged player base, successfully. No-one has done this before us, definitely not at this scale.
We’ve moved almost all of our critical infrastructure to AWS; we run Lambda functions written in node.js in production, while also feeding our huge Java monolith that just kept growing over the years. We integrate React and Vue apps into our legacy Flash games; we mix and match and build for the future, while respecting our past.
Clearly this isn’t for everyone. It’s for the daring, the creative, the out-of-the-box-thinkers, the experienced, the multi-linguists, the curious, the getting-sh*-done-ers. If you think you’re one of them, you may have found your new home. Come join us.
- You will be sharing the ownership of the technical design and implementation of new and existing Web-based features that run on millions of desktop and mobile devices all over the world, 24/7/365; specifically, you will work on the ongoing development of our engaging in-game shop experience.
- Working with a small and focused team, you establish and implement practices and processes that guarantee a consistently high level of quality (linting, testing, deployment).
- Automate all the things! We have made a lot of headway into automating major parts of build/deployment/monitoring/alerting/recovery, but we still need more. Our end goal is having fully autonomous systems, you – together with current DevOps engineers – will help us get there, faster!
Why join us
- You join a supportive team in a pragmatic, yet challenging environment, with short communication processes and flat hierarchies, perfect for growing your skills.
- You will be working with multidisciplinary colleagues from the entire production lifecycle, developing and operating two very successful free-to-play games on mobile and web.
- The team has many years of experience with live operations and a long-term strategy that keeps the players' excitement and engagement in mind.
- Yet we are not set in our ways. We value employee contribution and you can have a real impact on the way we develop and operate our games.
- While it's critical to keep our games running 24/7, we take work-life balance very seriously: We're proud to say that crunch-time is a very rare exception.
During this difficult time of the Covid-19 pandemic, the safety of our employees and everyone else is of utmost importance to us which is why we switched to a solely virtual recruiting process for the time being. We are still hiring and happy to receive your application in English (cover letter, CV, references, degree)!
Your contact person for this job offer is Juliane Voigtländer.
Goodgame Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and support diversity and welcome all qualified applications.