Junior/Mid-Level Artificial Intelligence-Automation Developer at Ibility
We are looking someone to Lead the design, development, and deployment of solutions to extract data from images of documents
- 2+ years demonstrated experience designing, developing, and deploying solutions to extract data from images of documents using techniques such as Optical Character Recognition, Intelligent Character Recognition, Intelligent Form Recognition, etc
- At least 2+years of experience or familiarity with AI/automation and emerging technologies/techniques
- At least 2+years of experience utilizing strong problem-solving and systems thinking abilities
- Broad-based general technology ecosystem and industry understanding
- Familiar with AI/automation and emerging technologies/techniques
- Strong problem-solving and systems thinking abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with HyperScience software
- Experience with Public Sector Clients (US Federal, Higher Education, State and Local Governments)
Founded in early 2021, Ibility is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business and a Woman-Owned Small Business, headquartered in Gaithersburg, MD. Ibility helps government leaders to achieve their mission by designing creative products and programs that delight their customers and make their employees more efficient - building trust and improving overall satisfaction. We use human-centered design principles in every engagement because we believe the end-user is critical to the long-term success of any solution. Our team is fun, passionate, bold, and creative. We live our mission every day – to inspire people, create cool stuff, and make a lasting impact on the world!
We have three unique divisions – Ibility Health, Ibility Digital Transformation Services, and Ibility Design. Each division has a unique mission and vision, but all combine to deliver superior products and services to the government. We use creative programming methods to ignite innovation and bring the best ideas forward for consideration. Using a blended approach of traditional Agile methodology, combined with a succeed quick or fail fast mentality, we deliver one-of-a-kind products and experiences to our clients. Each member of the Ibility team has a unique role and their effort directly supports the overall success and growth of the company. We value authenticity and decisiveness and empower our employees to feel ownership in our company while encouraging them to let their true spirit shine!
This role will serve as AI Developer for Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) models with responsibilities including:
- Leading the design, development, and deployment of solutions to extract data from images of documents
- Supporting other development team members to integrate data extraction operations with the overall automation solution
- Identifying the kinds of extractions needed (context, sentiment, etc) to satisfy client requirements for a wide range of data complexity.
We want you to go into this with eyes wide open. Ibility is a small but mighty company that is positioned for rapid growth. We have big aspirations with limited resources and try our best to make every investment count, which is why we take great pride in selecting the best talent. We ruthlessly prioritize our work against our vision and only focus on the things that matter. This is not like working at a big company – we do not have the same red tape administrative processes, but also do not have clear roles, responsibilities, well-defined processes, tried and tested training, or other things. You will often wear multiple hats and your role will grow over time as you help us to create an amazing company!
We are committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer in all aspects of employment and do not discriminate for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Types: Contract, Temporary
Pay: $70.00 - $90.00 per hour
- designing, developing, and deploying OCR solutions: 2 years (Required)
- AI/automation and emerging technologies/techniques: 2 years (Required)
- AWS: 1 year (Preferred)
- HyperScience: 1 year (Preferred)