Junior Test Engineer at Ciena
We are looking for early-in-career Test Engineer who is passionate about advancing and delivering state of the art and innovative products.
What technical experience and/or professional and personal skills are required for this role?
- Requires hands-on and in-depth knowledge of advanced technologies such as Routing (BPG, IS-IS or OSPF, Segment Routing) and Security (TLS/PKIX).
- Customer and Quality champion – formulate test cases out of Functional Specifications and Technical Requirements; review Training materials for accuracy; design Test Plans for high quality products and higher customer satisfaction.
- Python programming and trouble shooting skills are required.
- Familiarity with product cycles and deployment journeys for carrier class products in Service Provider customer environments.
- Experience with Vyatta vRouter and/or Network Function Virtualization stack is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or a related discipline.
Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified below and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Ciena may well be the most important technology company you’ve never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena, another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G … literally none of it would be possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies in the world.
Role overview – overview of the focal points of this role
We are looking for early-in-career Test Engineer who is passionate about advancing and delivering state of the art and innovative products. You will work on market-leading technologies such as Distributed Network Function Virtualization Interface (DNFVI), Software-Defined Networking (SDN), Middleware, Telemetry, Security, and next-generation leading-edge routers and switches - in micro-services oriented, container-based system architecture. This is an exciting time to join Ciena, as we aggressively drive our product portfolio forward into the future of advanced networking services.
Develop expertise in the deployment and integration of physical and virtual network functions to deliver applications and services at the network Edge Cloud.
Continuous learning and sharpening of skills in leadership and technologies: system and network virtualization (Containers, SDN, NFV), advanced routing (BGP, ISIS, Segment Routing), Model-Based Management Interfaces (NETCONF/YANG, gRPC), IP and Ethernet services, and more.
Understand and support validation of customer use cases and deployment scenarios.
Develop and implement QA strategies for test coverage, automation, validation, and documentation to deliver high quality and easy-to-use products to our customers.
Work in an agile development environment and participate in sprint activities to plan and produce high quality deliverables in rapid cycle, and coordinate QA activities across scrums.
Why is this role important within Ciena? What impact can you expect to have?
- Ciena packet software and hardware technologies are deployed in Global Networks, Private and Public Cloud Solutions, 4G/5G communications, and SD-WAN.
- Influence design of market-leading products as the network infrastructure transitions to 5G, distributed and disaggregated cloud architectures.
- What type of work environment will you be working in? Who are the key teams with whom you will interact?
- Partner with peer development scrums and technology leaders to ensure excellent cross-component QA strategy and coverage for HW and SW products.
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination. Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We do not charge any fee for employment and the same applies to the Recruitment Partners we work with. Additionally, we do not ask for any refundable security deposit to be paid in bank accounts for employment purposes. We request candidates to be cautious of misleading communications and not pay any fee/ deposit to individuals/ agencies/ employment portals on the pretext of attending Ciena’s interview process or seeking employment with us.