Junior Software Engineer at Castiron
As a Software Engineer, you will have the unique opportunity to be a creator, builder, and innovator as you help design and build our one of a kind software as a service platform and its tailored user experience.
- Work efficiently and effectively in a remote-first environment.
- Must have a growth mindset, a love of learning, and a positive / can-do attitude.
- Must have an obsessive attention to detail and relentless pursuit of excellence.
- Must be able to move quickly, multi-task, and adapt to our rapidly changing and growing market with varying customer needs.
Nice to Have
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs, specifically those of payment processors and/or social media platforms.
- Familiarity with common public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP) and DevOps practices.
- A love of culinary arts!
Castiron is a mission-driven e-commerce company that elevates how independent kitchen-based creators sell to their customers and provides them with resources and community to support their whole business. We are changing the way that entrepreneurs grow their businesses and our team is obsessed with delivering value for our customers. Our suite of products simplify ecommerce and streamline operations, helping entrepreneurs focus on what they love as they build a successful business.
As a Software Engineer, you will have the unique opportunity to be a creator, builder, and innovator as you help design and build our one of a kind software as a service platform and its tailored user experience. This business is obsessed with learning from customers and passionate about identifying and solving their problems. You will interact with our customers and learn from them, and then you will translate your findings into world-class products.
As one of our very first employees you will report to the director of engineering. In this role you will progress your career to its next level and show your creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and ability to execute, while you will do the best work of your career in the service of independent businesses across the country!
- Be customer obsessed and build applications focused solely on their success.
- Implement backend APIs using serverless microservices.
- Establish and adhere to software engineering best practices and user-centric design principles.
- Create applications that integrate seamlessly with multiple social media platforms and are performant across multiple user environments (Android, iOS, Web).
- As part of an agile team, participate in all phases of the software engineering life cycle.
- Be quality minded to ensure consistency, reliability, security, and performance.
- Participate in regular code reviews and architecture discussions.
- Advance your skills and career while having fun, learning, and working hard.
- Thrive in an innovative and rapidly growing environment.
- Customer First - Without our creators, we are nothing. We will always put them first and ask ourselves "Is it good for them?" before making big decisions.
- Think Big - We are here to make meaningful change. We mean to take big swings and change the world. Incremental thinking leads to incremental growth. Innovative thinking, big thinking leads to big growth and big change.
- Move Fast - Time is not our friend. There are a limited number of hours in the day and we only have a limited time on this earth to fulfill our mission. We will take every opportunity to accelerate our progress.
- Golden Rule - We will treat each other and everyone we come in contact with in a manner we can be proud of. We will always act with the highest level of integrity. Moving fast and thinking big does not mean we can cut corners.
- Believe - We are creating something that doesn't yet exist. We will encounter obstacles and we must maintain a curiosity and ruthless optimism.