Junior Software Engineer at Ameren
We need one to analyze, design, code, test, configure, modify and document software projects and/or products or enhancements using various programming languages, technologies, and development methodologies.
- HS diploma required. Relevant coursework preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer science or business preferred.
- 0+ years of relevant experience required
- In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Good analytical, communication, leadership and human relations skills required.
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:
Sunday September 04, 2022
About The Position
This position develops a familiarity with all aspects of software design and coding while working with more experienced/senior software developers and:
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, configures, modifies and documents software projects and/or products or enhancements using various programming languages, technologies and development methodologies.
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements application, software and/or operating system components, software tools, and utilities; conducts performance testing.
- Ensures that system continuous improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to guarantee availability and increase efficiency.
- Completes technical documentation for multiple functions, including but not limited to testing, QA, training, troubleshooting, operating, and/or procedures for installation and maintenance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Improves general programming and coding skills by working closely with more experienced/senior software developers on assigned daily tasks
- Learns how to write and maintain code and reports and assists in application development lifecycle
- Collaborates with more experienced/senior software developers to develop new software and code for applications/products/services (i.e., writing automation scripts, modules)
- Works with more experienced/senior software developers to perform tasks such as code documentation, minor debugging and incident triage; may perform assigned actions as designated in the remediation action plan (e.g.. input validation)
- Gains experience in adding lower level/easy enhancements to new/future software releases and/or to support creation of new software applications
- Learns to monitor system dashboards; investigate customer problems referred by customer support and resolves predefined, low-impact issues; gather information from customers about program functionality
- Assists with reviews basic requirements and translates into technical solutions for existing systems
- Develops understanding of Ameren’s business to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts
- Develops familiarity with the Digital organization objectives and impact on own projects; reviews and understands new technology integration and enablement plans
- Works closely with more experienced/senior software developers and business analysts to gain understanding of basic requirements, and translates into API-led connectivity solutions (e.g. integrations, interfaces, proxies, objects, shared code library)
- Develops understanding and familiarity with relevant technologies (e.g. MuleSoft) in order to design, develop, document and support simple integration solutions utilizing design patterns, reference architectures and best practices
- Collaborates with more experienced/senior software developers and various stakeholders to test new and modified application solutions, utilizing test-driven development when possible; learns to conduct development tests
- Attends and contributes to company/department meetings
HS diploma required. Relevant coursework preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer science or business preferred.
0+ years of relevant experience required
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Good analytical, communication, leadership and human relations skills required.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.