Junior Software Development Engineer at Emis Group Ltd
The Junior Software Development Engineer role contributes to the creation of innovative solutions that meet the changing demands of the business and emerging industry trends and standards.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- C# and SQL Understanding
- Node (NPM)
- Unit testing (e.g. Jest)
- Functional / Integration testing (e.g. Cypress)
- CI/CD pipelines (e.g. GitHub Actions, Jenkins, ADO etc)
- API integration (e.g. REST, GraphQL)
- Serverless cloud (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP, Netlify etc)
- Infrastructure as Code (e.g. CDK, Terraform)
- Databases (SQL & NoSQL)
We’re the UK leader in connected healthcare software and services. Our solutions are widely used across every major UK healthcare setting, from primary and community care to high street pharmacies, secondary care and specialist services.
Dedicated to creating and implementing innovative IT solutions, we’re giving healthcare professionals access to the information they need to provide better, faster and cheaper patient care.
The Product and Technology Department is committed to be a skilled and motivated software engineering team, delivering high quality and high value products, efficiently and predictably. We work in an agile manner across a number of locations in the UK and India.
The purpose of this job
The Junior Software Development Engineer role contributes to the creation of innovative solutions that meet the changing demands of the business and emerging industry trends and standards. This is primarily a software engineering role. The vast majority of effort in this role will be high quality coding and working with equivalent / related roles. The role is responsible for the development of EMIS Health products within a self-managed team; for leading on team initiatives, coaching and for driving standards, improvements and innovation within their pod.
The main accountabilities
- Write high quality, efficient and functional code that meets our coding and quality standards
- Applies our engineering strategy, application architecture and component design as well as our engineering principles, practices and standards.
- Carries out work as defined by the Technical Lead and Product Owner
- Maintain a high standard of engineering quality within the team.
- Escalation of operational risks and issues.
- Adopt a general understanding of our customer settings and how this applies to building high quality healthcare products.
- 1 Month – Understanding our business, our engineering philosophy and processes, embedding into the team and beginning to make small contributions.
- 2 Months – Accelerating contribution to the team’s goals
- 3 Months plus – Consistent contribution to the team’s goals
What we'll give you
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll get a benefits package which includes a generous pension, a healthcare cash plan, life assurance and access to LinkedIn learning. You’ll get 25 days holiday, bank holidays and ability to buy or sell up or down 5 days.