Junior Software Developer at FrontierBPM
The Junior Software Developer is responsible for the assisting the development team in the development of client software.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- (List the minimum education and/or experience necessary to fulfill this position.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, a related subject or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of relational databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or MySQL
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Extremely strong organizational skills and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends, and holidays; this is critical to support the needs of the business and subject to change.
Computer / Technical Skills / Job Specific Skills:
- Good working knowledge of basic programming languages
- Must possess an in depth understanding of MS Office Suite.
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment
The Junior Software Developer is responsible for the assisting the development team in the development of client software. The primary focus will be to learn the codebase, gather user data, and respond to requests from senior developers.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the development team with all aspects of software design and coding
- Actively learn the codebase and improve coding skills
- Writing and maintaining code
- Working on bug fixes
- Responding to requests from the development team
- Gathering information about program functionality
- Writing reports
- Conducting development tests
- Participates in team-based scrum development
- Analyzing and understanding Clients needs
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems
- Meets with other team members and senior management to discuss the goals and needs of the company
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the company
- EEO/AA Statement
Frontier BPM, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is an exempt position, and this job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
- Assigned duties are accomplished primarily in an office setting. Must be able to maneuver around an office setting, work at a desk/workstation and respond to written and oral cues.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- May be required to bend, reach, and lift up to 25 lbs.
- All employees are responsible for their personal safety and safety of others. Therefore, all employees must:
- Participate fully in company health and safety programs and comply with all company OSHA policies and procedures.
- Follow all lawful employer safety and health rules.
- Wear and / or use Personal Protective Equipment, when and how instructed.
- Report hazardous conditions to management.
- Report any job-related injury or illness to management and seek treatment promptly.
- Other duties as requested.
Office environment/desk job: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment?