Junior Site Reliability Engineer at Ferguson
This role is responsible for how code is deployed, configured, and supervised, as well as the availability, latency, implementation management, emergency response, and management capacity of services in production.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, related field preferred.
- Experience with IIS web hosting.
- Systems engineering or DevOps experience.
- Experience with site reliability engineering with cloud hosting services.
- Experience writing code to automate day-to-day tasks.
- Experience designing and maintaining continuous deployment pipelines (e.g., ADO)
- Experience in configuration, deployment, and maintenance of Cloud-based platforms.
- Experience in automating release deployments.
- Experience with CI/CD systems and relevant tools.
- Proven foundation in both software and systems engineering.
- Knowledge of standard production practices including change management.
- Familiarity with monitoring and metric collection systems.
- Knowledge of container and container orchestration technology (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience securing cloud/web applications.
- GIT Version Control Systems experience.
Ferguson is North America’s leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers, we deliver local expertise, value-added solutions, and the industry’s most extensive portfolio of products. From infrastructure, plumbing, and appliances, to HVAC, fire protection, fabrication, and more, we make our customers’ complex projects simple, successful, and sustainable.
We have an exciting opportunity for a remote Junior Site Reliability Engineer to join the Ops Center team, within the Ferguson IT organization. SRE combines both software development skills and mindset to IT operations. The main focus of SRE is to enhance the reliability and performance of applications, with automation and continuous integration and delivery.
This role is responsible for how code is deployed, configured, and supervised, as well as the availability, latency, implementation management, emergency response, and management capacity of services in production. In this role, you will help guide the Ferguson transformation of DevSecOps across our business units. This role will craft, implement, and maintain a modern system deployment to the cloud environment with a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) workflows for system build, test and deploy in containerized microservices. We operate as a fast paced agile team. We seek candidates who have proven skills in DevOps, Cloud environments, software development, test automation, and system automation.
**This position is approved to sit 100% remote. If local to the Newport News, VA area, you will have the option for in-office work out of our new HQ3 facility.**
- Develop and improve our DevOps operations in multiple Cloud Service environments
- Day-to-day administration of multiple environments
- Installation and configuration of demo/production/training environments
- Collaborate on idea creation and development of the DevOps tool chain
- Support the ongoing lifecycle maintenance of the DevOps tool chain
- Troubleshoot issues that arise in production environments, work with colleagues to resolve issues
- Apply service delivery best practices
- Perform incident analysis to capture findings and identify follow-up actions
- Conduct post-mortems, investigate, and analyze outage events or events that lead to degraded performance
Technology areas of this position are:
- Continuous integration, testing, and delivery.
- Automated system testing, integration, and deployment.
- Rolling out upgrades to our software factories as needed.
- Work closely with developers, testers, and system engineers from multiple product teams.
- Suggest modifications to the DevSecOps workflow to improve efficiency.
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and parental), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employerF/M/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/GenderIdentity.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation Information