Junior Security Engineer at TCS Education System
TCS Education System is seeking a junior-level Security Engineer to join our growing information security team.
- Technical proficiency in AWS, GCP, and Azure, including solution architecture
- A clear understanding of security protocols and standards with experience in software and security architectures
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure security.
- Strong understanding of networking, TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, LAN\WAN concepts
- Basic understanding of web application firewalls
- Basic understanding of data encryption standards, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), and IDS/IPS
- Basic understanding of Office 365 email security
- Must be self-motivation; the ability to identify problems and develop solutions
- Possess strong analytical and data skillsets
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to present technical risks and issues to technical and non-technical audiences internal and external to the organization
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline
- One to three years of experience securing, operating and maintaining cloud technologies and other systems
- Experience in securing, operating, and maintaining security systems preferred
TCS Education System is seeking a junior-level Security Engineer to join our growing information security team. This role will report to the Director of Information Security and collaborate cross-functionally with other departments, including network operations and application development teams. Primary objectives include hardening and protecting TCS Education System and its people against ongoing and potential security threats within all its technology environments.
This role involves day-to-day level 1 and level 2 operations, execution of new projects, analysis of new requirements from platform teams, taking part in technical discussions, suggesting best practices in operations and application areas, including best security practices, and contributing to the knowledge base. This role requires the ability to synthesize radical ideas, the aptitude to define new security strategies, and the tenacity to get the job done. This candidate will assist in supporting and maintaining a strong IT security posture.
- Develop and maintain cloud security standards in collaboration with the Director of Information Security
- Participate in IT Security strategy design, including infrastructure, applications, and web
- Be an active member of Design & Build IT projects, assisting and steering cloud configurations recommendations and services hardening toward industry-leading security best practices
- Addressing security concerns, working with platform teams to automate remediations, and implementing controls to avoid misconfigurations to assure compliance
- Prepare diagrams, documentation, and workflows for standard operating procedures (SOP), and other required records based on security requirements
- Identify, analyze, and fix repeat incidents (problem management)
- Handle multiple critical projects along with daily tasks
- Draft and recommend security policies and procedures to guardrail and keep our cloud environments secure
- Create, update, and maintain the TCS knowledge base contributing information to the organization's best security practices and process
- Contribute to the development of automation to ensure the quality of delivery and remove human intervention
- Follow-up and coordinate with other cross-functional teams – network operations, application development, infrastructure, web & other groups as required
- Work with our Security Operations Center (SOC) to streamline and automate remediation efforts on incidents and emerging threats
- Assist with maturing incident response while integrating SOC and SIEM
- Communicate information regarding security policies throughout the organization
- Responsible for management of windows defender for endpoint (EDR).
- Participates in vulnerability management strategies
- Supports additional duties and projects as assigned
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.