Junior Quality Assurance Analyst at Piper Companies
We are looking for a Junior Quality Assurance Analyst for a client of ours that is an organization that facilitates the electronic transfer of clinical information between disparate health information systems.
To perform this job successfully, the ideal candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3+ years professional experience in building RESTful API automation frameworks
- Experience with building testing frameworks like Selenium, xUnit, and SpecFlow
- Experience with CI/CD deployments Tools
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Outstanding communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with both a technical and non-technical audience
- Possession and demonstration of flexibility, creativity and good judgment. Has an interest in understanding how things work and how to break them.
- Understanding of healthcare IT standards and their application preferred
- Strong aptitude for evaluating and solving complex problems and issues.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong documentation ability
- Comfortable using tools such as Postman and SOAPUI
- Comfortable working with RESTful APIs and SQL Databases
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Experience using SoapUI, Postman, or other API testing software
- Familiarity with Maryland healthcare industry preferred
- Scrum Agile certification
- ISTQB certification preferred
- EHR experience, Mirth, or other integration engine certification a plus
- Experience with Azure DevOps or a similar product management tool
- Coding experience is a plus
Keywords: jr, junior, entry level, qa analyst, qa engineer
Piper Companies is looking for a Junior Quality Assurance Analyst for a client of ours that is an organization that facilitates the electronic transfer of clinical information between disparate health information systems.
This is 100% remote
A Junior Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for ensuring developed code is thoroughly and accurately tested before release to production. As a member of the Point Solutions Team, the QA Engineer contributes to the continued development of the HIE. The ideal candidate will work with developers, product managers, and other QA Engineers to ensure deliverables are timely and meet expectations. This role will require individuals to coordinate with other team members to resolve identified bugs. The ideal candidate has a great attention to detail and is consistent about follow-through.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1. Prepare test plans, test cases and documentation for user stories within a sprint.
- 2. Triage bugs to team members and seek feedback as necessary. Follow-up with bug-owners to resolve and close bugs in a timely manner.
- 3. Prioritize test cases and bugs independently. Coordinate with product owner and team manager as necessary.
- 4. Participates in the sprint process as a member of the development team – including team meetings and daily standups.
- 5. Ensure test documentation is appropriate for presentation to Change Control. Ensure to the best of your ability that critical features will work in PROD.
- 6. Troubleshoot Tier 3 issues to determine if the issue is a known or new bug.
- 7. Work to consistently improve testing efficiency – including for regression testing.
- 8. Assist in the preparation of user stories so they are written in a testable manner.