Junior Programmer at the hoth
We’re looking for a dynamic Junior Programmer to help scale The HOTH. This position will report directly to the CTO and be a key player to our small but nimble tech department!
- You have 1-3 years of professional programming experience
- You love helping people achieve their goals
- You can systematically sort through problems and provide solutions
- Attention to detail is a strength of yours
- You have strong analytical skills
- You are able to keep up-to-date with deadlines
- You have a successful programming background
- You get energy and excitement from helping people
- You want more.
Skills/Knowledge You MUST Have:
- 2+ years of experience in PHP is required
- Experience with NodeJS is a plus
- Experience with frontend libraries such as React, Angular, or Vue is a plus
- Experience building or maintaining a web-based product or service is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and organization skills
- A systems-oriented mindset
- Ambition to learn and grow
Hey! We’re The HOTH.
Our name stands for Hittem’ Over the Head – in other words, to bludgeon with awesomeness.
It can be used as a noun (as in our product, or brand), or as a verb (to HOTH someone or HOTH something). And it’s how our clients refer to one of the world’s top Digital Marketing companies.
About The Position:
- We’re looking for a dynamic Junior Programmer to help scale The HOTH. This position will report directly to the CTO and be a key player to our small but nimble tech department!
- As a part of the team, you’ll be a point of contact with regard to everything programming.
- Our Junior Programmer will help oversee the design, development, and implementation of new tools on our platform. You’ll also review code work for accuracy and functionality.
- You’ll work closely with company leadership to identify client trends and requests and immediately begin implementation.
- A team player
- To be successful in this role, you must have the ability to:
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Showcase excellent communication
- Collaborate with others
- This is a remote, full-time opportunity. It also comes with a* high growth opportunity*, as we love to promote internally.
- We’re looking to fill this role in the coming weeks. All candidates must be available to start within that time frame.
Here are some reasons you want to work with us:
- We’re awesome. 100% results-driven. No bullshitters.
- Our parent company has been voted one of Tampa Bay's Best Places to Work for the last five years in a row by the Tampa Bay Business Journal.
- We are a driven, successful, fun company that is experiencing insane growth.
- We are on the leading edge of innovation for Digital Marketing products and services with a very successful history or mergers and acquisitions.
- We love to promote from within.
- We have a cool office environment in downtown St. Pete - voted one of Tampa Bay's Coolest Office Spaces by the Tampa Bay Business Journal
Our compensation package is very competitive. We’re talking:
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days, and Holidays
- $50/month Wellness Stipend
- Monthly Bonus Opportunities
- Charity Donation Opportunities
- Dog-Friendly Office
- & more you can read on our Careers Page!
Fill out the application form and attach your resume.
The HOTH does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Job Type: Full-time