Junior Graphic Designer at Fathom Creative
We're looking for talented Junior Graphic Designers to craft next-level experiences for our clients.
WHO YOU ARE
- Enthusiastic. Fathom is a collaborative, open, and friendly agency. We're looking for someone who will be invested and excited to contribute to our team of super-nice folks.
- Flexible. Because we are a small team, designers are responsible for many different jobs. You should feel comfortable jumping between multiple brands and types of deliverables. Working in an agency can sometimes be unpredictable, so there will be occasional work outside our standard 9-5 hours. These are for emergency, last-minute projects only, and we make sure our team is supported and personal schedules are respected!
- Perfectionist. While we aim to make everything sparkle, Fathom is in the business of visual communication, and our clients count on us to deliver high-quality designs with precision and attention to detail.
- Timely. Our designers are trusted to be responsible for their projects and deadlines; knowing their performance = Fathom's reputation.
We're looking for talented Junior Graphic Designers to craft next-level experiences for our clients. The ideal candidates should have a knack for clean and innovative design, possess superior conceptual and executional skills, a passion for typography, and be able to translate high-level requirements into meaningful visual solutions.
You'll be joining a tight-knit team of dedicated, witty, and hard-working individuals. If you have trouble multitasking and meeting challenging deadlines, you'll have a tough time here. We're solution-oriented, drama-free, motivated team players who are passionate about the work and realize our success is directly linked to the success of our peers.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL DOAs a designer
- Skillfully design smart solutions across a wide array of digital and print deliverables alike
- Design with purpose—understand the content and utilize best design practices to generate on-brand, creative concepts that inspire action and the client's vision
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to launch
- Ensure quality across all aspects of your assigned deliverables
- Exhibiting strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Clearly articulate concepts with clients and teammates
- Design custom graphics, from icons to illustrations to logos
- Assist on large and small-scale projects
- Interpret and flawlessly execute design feedback
- Champion best practices and standards for visual design
- Stay up-to-date with the latest design trends, techniques, and technologies
As a team member
- Contribute to our positive culture and embrace our shared responsibility to maintain Fathom's reputation
- Collaborate with our Creative Director, Art Director, and Account Directors to define and implement branded digital solutions for our clients
- Help develop exciting ways to connect our team that's spread across the nation via virtual- and in-person events
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- 0-2 years of proven professional graphic design experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Bachelor's in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or similar major
- Diverse portfolio demonstrating strength in visual design, branding, infographic/data visualization, typography, color, and in-depth conceptual thinking
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Ability to quickly respond and develop solutions while maintaining attention to detail
- Mastery of relevant design tools/platforms/software–we use Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, Sketch, Dropbox, and Slack daily
COMPENSATION + BENEFITSSalary
The annual salary for this position is in the range of $40k - $55k (range based on experience & location)
- Generous PTO, Holidays, and other life-enriching benefits
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
Fathom Creative is a dynamic, boutique creative services studio that delivers strategic and tactical solutions to global communications agencies. Based in D.C., the Fathom team has a solid WFH culture (even pre-Covid)–with employees working diligently all across the U.S. Check out some of our work at fathomcreative.com & on Instagram (@fathomcreative)
HOW TO APPLY
Please send us an email at [email protected], subject: "DC Junior Designer" including your resume, a link to an online portfolio, a fun fact about yourself, and a brief cover letter telling us why you would be the perfect candidate. We're excited to meet you!
Our team may be small, but we take the hiring process very seriously and want to make sure you're a good fit for our team and that we are an excellent fit for you! Our interview process usually, but not always, includes up to 2-3 interviews. We respect your time and appreciate your participation in our mutual goal to help you find the ideal position for your skills and strengths!
Fathom Creative is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or transgender status), age (over 40), disability, genetic information, retaliation for engaging in Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) activity, marital status, political affiliation, and status as a parent.