JUNIOR FULL-STACK DEVELOPER - SHOPIFY at iamota Corporation
Our ideal candidate is a keen web developer with a passion for the work they produce, a drive to grow their knowledge and experience, and possesses the ability to clearly communicate technical requirements and challenges.
Who we're looking for
- Experience as a full-stack developer or similar role.
- Demonstrated understanding of modern full-stack development techniques and solutions.
- Familiarity with GraphQL and REST APIs.
- Comfort working with back-end technologies like NodeJS, AWS, and databases.
- Experienced with component-based or “atomic design” principles.
- Experienced with templating languages (Liquid, Twig, or similar).
- Knowledge of source control and code management via Git.
BONUS EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Agency experience
- Experience in the Shopify ecosystem: theming, CMS customization, etc.
- Experience with the Shopify APIs
- Familiarity with “headless” web development and related processes (e.g. React, Shopify Hydrogen)
- Familiarity with webhooks and serverless implementation (NodeJS)
- Familiarity with data migrations (ETL - Extract/Transform/Load), scripting and spreadsheet manipulation
- Familiarity setting up tracking pixels and integrating with analytics tools like Google Analytics, GTM
- Experience with Webpack
- Experience with CI/CD processes
- Experience with writing modern CSS including CSS Grid, Flexbox
- Familiarity with developing for performance, accessibility, and technical SEO
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the confidence to ask questions and work collaboratively to resolve challenges.
- The ability to learn quickly.
- The ability to multitask. We work on multiple projects at once and you may need to jump between them.
- Comfortable presenting your knowledge and ideas in a remote working environment.
- Openly share your passion for development in both your coding ability and personality.
- Actively contribute to ways we can improve the lives of our clients and team
What we're looking for
Our ideal candidate is a keen web developer with a passion for the work they produce, a drive to grow their knowledge and experience, and possesses the ability to clearly communicate technical requirements and challenges. Our projects tend to have a large Front-End component, so you will get to exercise the full breadth of your full-stack knowledge. You will work closely with a team of strategists, designers, and experienced developers to create leading ecommerce experiences that are user-focused, beautiful and engaging, highly performant, and written with future reuse and maintainability in mind.
What you’ll do
- Write clean semantic code, emphasizing performance, usability, and accessibility.
- Identify and develop reusable patterns with component-based code.
- Research, test, and setup Shopify apps.
- Develop integrations with Shopify apps and other 3rd-party platforms.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team including developers, designers, and project managers.
- Learn from experienced developers and career growth mentors.
- Work in agile sprints and participate in daily project stand-ups (via Zoom).
- Perform cross-device QA testing to support multiple browsers and device types.
- Maintain build tools and automate processes
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive health benefits plan.
- Remote work environment.
- Remote work allowance.
- Professional development allowance.
- Career and personal growth coaching.
- Quarterly goal setting and bi-weekly 1:1s.
- Minimum 3 weeks vacation.
- Additional bonus company-wide holidays.
- Reduced “Summer hours”.
- Educational Lunch & Learns.
OUR PRIMARY TOOL STACK
- Your choice of IDE (Sublime Text, VS Code, etc.)
- Codeship (CI/CD automation)
- AWS (e.g. serverless backend via NodeJS on AWS Lambda)