Junior Front-End Developer at SiteZeus
Qualifications and Skills
- Basic experience in Vue.js or equivalent component framework (Angluar , React, Svelte) and object-oriented programming
- Experience with modern HTML, CSS and SCSS
- Understanding of cross-browser compliance (e.g., using polyfills) and responsive layouts
- Soft Skills
- Excellent communication skills for effective collaboration with team members and leadership
- Ability to receive constructive feedback with a positive attitude
- Curiosity and interest in continually learning new skills
- Experience with static site generators (Next, Nuxt, Gatsby, Jekyll)
- Familiarity with GIS software
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Passion for UX design
SiteZeus is hiring a Junior Front-End Developer to help us create new features for our expanding platforms, implement the latest web architecture, and create stunning user experiences.
Who we are
SiteZeus is a location intelligence company based out of Tampa, Florida, and founded in 2013. We are a remote organization focused on company culture, industry-changing technology, and employee value. Our customers use SiteZeus to decide where to build new locations and how to optimize their existing locations. We empower brands to pick the very best locations by employing the very best people and giving them the tools to succeed.
Who you are
You love front-end development and appreciate creative-yet-clean UIs. You're highly motivated and eager to learn, craving mentorship from peers and senior-level developers as well as exposure to various web technologies and roles such as machine learning, interactive maps, data visualization, APIs, and DevOps.
This is a remote (work from home) position.
Expected Salary Range - $60,000 - $70,000
SiteZeus may consider candidates it deems overqualified or underqualified at a salary outside of this range.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will work with our marketing and dev teams to build new features for our platforms.
- Help spearhead the rebuilding of our marketing website using Vue3 with Nuxt
- Give input on configuration details to maximize the projects collaboration potential
- Use TailwindCSS for its exciting responsive-layout features
- Work with our marketing and design teams to create captivating new pages from mockups
- Help with various marketing efforts that involve markup/styling and web analytics
- Use SCSS to create dynamic styling
- Use Vue to develop and refine features for our flagship product, which is a more complex application created using Vue and legacy frameworks
Why work at SiteZeus?
- Work from home, from our Tampa office, or hybrid! We operate fully remote.
- Unlimited PTO that we WANT you to use. *
- 401k, Health, Dental, Legal and loads of awesome traditional benefits. *
- Paid parental leave for Mother, Father, or Partner. *
- Paid monthly community service time. *
- Paid company summits (Technology, Sales, Etc).
- Flexible work hours.
- Serious wellness programs to make your work-life balance better than ever.
- Equity gaining opportunities after one year of employment (based on performance). *
- Monthly incentive for meeting sales goals (This is in addition to listed compensation).
- For Full Time Employees
- Below is our hiring process for this position. We will reach out or send a rejection notice to most candidates within 1-5 business days of applying. SiteZeus promises to value your time and professionalism in every step of the process.
- Quick Screening.
- Interview with the Hiring Manager.
- Group interview with multiple members of the department.
- Final Interview with Executive Leadership
- Everything Else
SiteZeus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity, culture, and the human experience. We go above and beyond to ensure that all team members feel comfortable about who they are and the contributions they make to our mission. Our team is highly encouraged to find a balance that allows for optimal fulfillment at work and home.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work within the United States. All roles may require prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, working on a computer, and corporate communication skills. Further, SiteZeus takes physical health seriously and has processes in place to minimize the spread of Covid-19 at its Tampa HQ. Degree requirements and preferences may be substituted for bonified work history or relevant experience.