Junior Elixir/Back End Engineer at Prokeep
We are looking for an engineer who is excited to make significant contributions to our API and other backend systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field
- Experience with at least one major programming language (python/c++/java/c# etc.)
- Strong ability to read/parse software documentation
- Familiarity with SQL
- Familiarity with unit testing
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang or Ruby/RoR is a huge plus (we’re an elixir shop!)
- Experience with GraphQL is a big plus
- Desire to collaborate with other developers and ability to communicate over various channels (email, phone, Slack, Google Hangouts, etc.)
- Working Relationship & Compensation
Prokeep is a software company that has developed a messaging platform for the $100+ billion wholesale distribution market (i.e. plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc.). Our team is agile, nimble, and dedicated to making our customers' lives easier with simple-to-use technology. We envision a world where distributors using our tools are more efficient and able to build better relationships with their customers. We are post product, post revenue and growing fast in the US and Canada.
We are looking for an engineer who is excited to make significant contributions to our API and other backend systems. You will be primarily focused on systems and cloud engineering, but we are a small and highly collaborative team, so from time to time you may also take a diversion into improving our deployment process, working on our internal administration app, or prototyping new features. You don’t have to be an expert with all the tools in our stack, but an interest in working on projects at all levels of the stack will be helpful as we expand the breadth of our platform. You can have strong opinions about tools and architecture, but should also be able to articulate those opinions persuasively, not abrasively. You should also take pride in writing performant, logically structured, and readable code, but be pragmatic enough to realize that sometimes shipped code is better than perfect code.
This is a full-time salaried position and is permanently remote. Prokeep offers outstanding health, vision, and dental benefits, life insurance, unlimited PTO, and equity in our fast growing company.