Junior Developer at Portfolio BI
The Junior Software Developer will develop software for various new and existing applications used by a large client base
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent Tech School / Work Experience
- 2+ years’ experience in software development using the Microsoft Stack: C# and .NET
- Understanding and recent usage of object-oriented programming models
- Experience working with structured and semi-structured data, Excel sheets, Pivot tables, and Flat Files
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as Sql Server, MySql, or Postgres
- Working knowledge of popular OSS (Open Source Software) in modern .NET applications
The Opportunity: The Junior Software Developer will develop software for various new and existing applications used by a large client base.
What you’ll do:
- Design, code, test, and debug software.
- Develop on Azure cloud infrastructure utilizing IaaS, PaaS, and serverless technologies.
- Complete programming projects as assigned.
- Document software designs and user manuals according to company standards.
- Interact with a staff of all levels of computer programming understanding.
- Investigate and learn new techniques that are needed to support client needs.
- Consistently communicate and interact with team members in a professional, cooperative manner.
- Take the initiative to take the extra steps to improve code and overall application quality.
- Exhibit strong analytical skills that aid in identifying a problem and determining a solution to the problem.
- Have knowledge of various programming languages such as SQL, C#, Angular, and Vue.js.
- Programmatically manipulate databases.
- Identify customer needs for additional services/training and communicate to appropriate staff.
- Work with clients to analyze complex problems and generate software modifications to support client needs.
- Develop ad hoc reports as requested by clients.
About Portfolio Bi:
Portfolio BI (PBI) empowers the most sophisticated buy-side rms to take control of their portfolio and operational data. Born from the merger with Hentsu, and backed by Credit Suisse Asset Management's NEXT Investors, our customers benefit from our integrated platforms, local technological expertise, and seasoned financial experts. We are an asset management technologist, and we provide a fully managed cloud platform for hedge funds, with on-demand trading, research, and corporate technology, as well as connectivity to market data providers, brokers, and exchanges. Our vision is to drive agile transformation across financial services through public cloud technologies, SaaS and data science.
What we commit to:
We are committed to developing our team as we grow by offering a variety of opportunities to increase knowledge, build skills, and take charge of your career.