Junior Data Scientist at Liberty Mutual Insurance
in this role you will work closely with more senior data scientists on the team, while also partnering with data engineers, model deployment engineers, stakeholders, and others to bring value-add models to market.
- Solid knowledge of predictive analytics techniques and statistical diagnostics of models.
- Advance knowledge of predictive toolset; expert resource for tool development.
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Has a value-driven perspective with regard to understanding of work context and impact.
- Competencies typically acquired through a Master's degree (scientific field of study) and 0-1 years of relevant experience or a Bachelor's degree (scientific field of study) and 3+ years of relevant experience.
The Advanced Analytics and Modeling department within Global Retail Markets U.S. Insights & Solutions is actively searching for a highly motivated data scientist to join our team and contribute to our growing portfolio of models.
Our team has boundless opportunities to help Liberty Mutual by building models that help improve customer service. Some examples of activities that the models aid include: chat bots, customer routing, and save tactics. In this role, you will work closely with more senior data scientists on the team, while also partnering with data engineers, model deployment engineers, stakeholders, and others to bring value-add models to market.
- Applies data science techniques; gains confidence in skill application using analytics and data science techniques to manipulate large structured and unstructured data sets in order to generate insights to inform business decisions.
- Identifies and tests hypotheses, ensuring statistical significance, as part of building predictive models for business application.
- Translates quantitative analyses and findings into accessible visuals for non-technical audiences, providing a clear view into interpreting the data.
- Gains experience in enabling the business to make clear tradeoffs between and among choices, with a reasonable view into likely outcomes.
- Assists in customizing analytic solutions to specific client needs.
- Responsible for smaller components of projects considered low to moderate complexity and may work on smaller components of complex projects.
- Engages with the Data Science community.
- Participates in cross functional working groups.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.