Junior Computer User Support Specialist at Leidos
As a Junior Computer User Support Specialist, your primary responsibility is ticket processing and resolution management, which includes detailed and clear documentation of the problems and the actions taken to resolve them.
CONTRACT REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Public Trust Clearance (Or ability to obtain)
- ITILv4 Foundation Training and ITILv4 Foundation Certification may be obtained after hire.
- Possesses and applies fundamental concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on work assignments.
- Work is performed remotely under supervision.
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma
- 0 - 5 years of work experience
- Experience supporting industry standard software products.
- Experience as a remote worker demonstrating time management and self discipline.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following:
- As a remote position, personnel are expected to maintain their home workspace in a safe manner, free from safety hazards.
- Personnel are expected to ensure the protection of proprietary company and customer information accessible from their home office consistent with the company’s expectations of information security.
- Communicate verbally and respond to verbal communications in person, over the phone or by video chat.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly in writing, primarily utilizing a keyboard.
- Sitting for long periods.
- Viewing computer screens for long periods of time.
The Enterprise IT Service Desk (EITSD) Support subtask, supporting the Digital Innovation for General Services Administration (GSA) Infrastructure Technologies (DIGIT) task order, is relied upon to provide IT services that appropriately respond to the time-sensitive needs of customers, including Very Important Persons (VIPs) and executives, and provide prompt referrals and escalations to an appropriate IT support service option. The EITSD provides support to users of GSA’s internal infrastructure as well as applications and systems owned by various GSA Service and Staff Offices. The EITSD is the centralized POC for GSA end users and customers to report incidents, submit requests, seek advice, and register complaints about GSA’s IT infrastructure, applications, and programs supported in the environment.
As a Junior Computer User Support Specialist, your primary responsibility is ticket processing and resolution management, which includes detailed and clear documentation of the problems and the actions taken to resolve them. Customer service is key to this position. You will provide technical assistance to computer users by answering questions to resolve computer problems for the end user. Typical assistance concerns the use of computer hardware and software, to include printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties pertinent to Help Desk.
- Responds to trouble tickets to resolve user problems; opens trouble tickets to track and resolve user problems.
- Provides technical support through phone, email, and instant message remotely to users in the areas of password resets, e-mail, directories, standard MS Windows desktop applications, smartphones and network connectivity.
- Provides personal computer support problem analysis, and hardware/software installation and configuration.
- Interacts daily with customers to ensure productivity; provides individual feedback.
- Maintains an audit trail and records of all problems and conditions reported by the client.
Travel is not required.
This position is covered under the Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage requirements as well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit. Leidos will ensure that all provisions are met through their wages and benefits. The pay for this position will be between $20 - $24 depending on experience and location.
Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected]
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.