Junior Automation Engineer at Two Barrels
This position is responsible for overseeing the parts of our software that requires constant updates and interesting challenges.
- Strong exposure to Puppeteer or similar automation testing tooling (Jest, mocha etc.)
- Familiarity with GIT in software development
- Great communication skills (written and Spoken in English)
- Experience with Jira and Agile
- API development interface - Swagger, Postman
- Experience in working in cloud environments – AWS
- Familiarity with Grafana desirable, but not required.
Two Barrels is hiring a Software Automation Engineer for $55,000/year. You will be a traditional company employee. This is a full time 40 hour M-F position with company benefits in Spokane, Washington.
What’s in a title?
Here at Two Barrels we don’t take titles very seriously. We know for recruiting purposes we need to call our jobs something, so we started with labeling and differentiating them in a fairly traditional way with “junior, mid, senior”. However, we’ve realized that was putting our employees in a box and wasn’t allowing us to uniquely identify their individual contributions, strengths and professional goals. Once you join our team the titles kinda get dropped as we expect everyone to work with everyone regardless of title or experience. We have taken the approach of evaluating candidates and employees on a “level” basis. It makes it a little easier internally to talk about growing into the next level without there being this huge chasm between what it means to be a Junior Engineer vs. a Mid Engineer. Our levels have expectations set for each one and it’s the responsibility of the manager and employee to make sure there is alignment. We do this through quarterly conversations where we discuss employee progression, if the work is challenging, and to ensure they feel fairly compensated for their work and expertise. Basically, levels gives us more flexibility to help people grow in their careers. But sure, you can post your title on LinkedIn as what makes sense to the rest of the world.
Duration: Full Time
- Develop automated scripts centered around test automation for form submission and data input.
- Proactively look for continuous improvement opportunities of the testing, scripting and infrastructure, including quality, execution time and accuracy, industry developments, and best practices
- Creating and maintaining documentation for technical and administrative functions related to automated scripting
- Gather feedback from our users to improve usage and accuracy.
Why you might like this job: You are passionate about automation and testing.You want to work on software that gets used daily by large groups of people.You are interested in improving processes.You want your work to have a long-term, meaningful purpose.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance