Jr. Software Quality Assurance Engineer at Also Energy Inc
We need one to Work directly with software development teams to discover, track and fix bugs while software is being developed.
- B.S. in computer science, computer engineering or related subject
- 2+ years as a software developer, quality assurance engineer or system administrator
- Basic understanding and experience with TestNG, Selenium, or other test framework.
- Proficient with Linux and Windows operating systems. Proficient with log analysis and debugging.
- Experience with C# or Java is a plus
- High level of attention to detail is a must.
- Experience with other programming/scripting languages. Experience with cloud infrastructure providers such as AWS or Azure.
- Must be highly organized and able to efficiently switch between multiple projects. Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
Contributes to development of complex, multi-tier (front- and back-end) web applications particularly in establishing automated testing procedures as a part of continuous deployment and integration workflows. Follows software development and testing guidelines for the development group working with the technical leads.
Follows flows for automated error tracking and analysis to provide reproducible use cases for the development group to assist in resolving field issues.
Documents and tracks all details relevant to software bug fixes.
- Create and execute all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load and system testing and actively participate in development life cycle of products.
- Maintain and author automated tests and test plans for front-end and back-end applications.
- Follow software development and test guidelines and ensure developer compliance with these guidelines.
- Create, publish and maintain detailed test plans for upcoming and ongoing development projects.
- Perform pre-release and post-release testing of new and legacy features. Quickly diagnose and categorize newly reported/discovered bugs.
- Work directly with software development teams to discover, track and fix bugs while software is being developed.
- Understand potential impacts of bugs for the business and our customers and escalate/ advocate for swift resolution of those deemed to be very high priority.
- Other duties as assigned.
Office Setting, primarily in cubicles
Moderate to high noise levels (i.e. business office with computers, phone, printers, moderate traffic
Ability to sit or stand (standing desk provide upon request) at a computer terminal for an extended period
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate (talk/sign/type/write) and operate a computer, telephone (or alternative), keyboard (or typing device), etc.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
AlsoEnergy offers a competitive salary and a full list of benefits. The benefit offerings include full health benefits on the first on the month following employment (5 medical plan options-HDHP and PPO, 2 dental plans, FSA/HSA-with employer contribution, employer paid vision/LTD/STD/Life, variety of voluntary coverage), 401k (pre- or post-tax) with match after 90 days of employment, 10 paid calendar holidays per year, 2 floating holidays per year, and 3 weeks of PTO per year that begins accruing day one.
Our bonus structure is designed to encourage collaboration across the company by creating common goals. We set revenue targets per quarter and as the team achieves those targets, employees receive a percent of their salary paid out the month after quarter close. The revenue targets are ratcheted so for partial achievement, there is partial payment.
All AlsoEnergy employees participate in the Stem (our parent company) Long Term Incentive plan. This plan provides every employee with Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). These RSUs will be awarded within the first month of employment and vest 25% each year on your anniversary for 4 years. This is our employee’s opportunity to join in the success of the company.
You will work in a growing, profitable company with a fun and creative environment with a talented group of individuals that have a passion for building renewable energy systems.
This is a salaried exempt position, M-F, with additional weekend work as required.
Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000/annually
This position is based in Boulder, CO or Remote.
COVID Notice: In office employees (full time and periodically) must have the COVID-19 vaccine or be willing to get the vaccine once they start. The company will provide paid time to schedule and make vaccine appointments.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.