Jr. Software Engineer at Z4
The Jr. Software Engineer will assist in the design and development pertaining to company's product lines including company's line of manually played traditional bingo, keno games, casino promotions, and its systems.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Solid foundation in C/C++ and in programming data structures in a Linux environment
- Math Sciences, statistics, probability understanding
- Able to utilize C++ 11 and C++ 14 constructs
- Minimum of 2 years' professional casino gaming industry experience as a C/C++ developer, or other equally related fields
- Excellent communication and organization skills, flexibility and the proven ability to build high quality products
- Self-motivated, team-oriented
- Strong debugging and analytic skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Strong visual design sense. Understanding of UI and "pixel perfect" products.
- Casino game development experience, with an understanding of regulatory compliance.
- A plus for candidates with experience in social gaming and/ or online based gaming.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of game development.
- Appreciation of game play and game theory.
- This position may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
The Jr. Software Engineer will assist in the design and development pertaining to company's product lines including company's line of manually played traditional bingo, keno games, casino promotions, and its systems. Engage with other team members and help define the product objective directly with the product owner and technical lead to ensure the continuous development of quality products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be part owner of the product line lifecycle for each assigned product from end to end. Must have "will get it done" work ethic. Never "why we can't", always "how can we".
- Solid foundation in programming data structures.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and possess effective communication skills to translate between Engineering/Development and other departments.
- Help define product specifications, milestones, and implementation goals.
- Work closely with game designers, project managers and QA during all phases of the development cycle.
- Report progress to management, including any changes made to development timeline.
- Establish key performance indicators for quality control and product development.
- Some experience in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Participate in regular status meetings with all necessary stakeholders.
- Help develop, maintain, and produce all necessary technical documentation for each product assigned.
- Communicate product status, and key issues to key constituents across the organization including managers, technical lead, Artists, QA, and others.
- Understands and helps prepare technical documentation, and assist with the laboratory certification process.
- Assist with existing products on an ongoing basis, including product line extensions and enhancements, prioritization, and technical white papers.
- Self-starter, self-sufficient, and self-reliant to accomplish required tasks.
- Accountable to deliver quality products consistently and on time.
- Participates in company health and safety programs and complies with all company OSHA policies and procedures.
- Follows all lawful employer safety and health rules.
- Wears and / or uses Personal Protective Equipment, when entering designated areas.
- Report hazardous conditions to management.
- Report any job-related injury or illness to management, and seeks treatment promptly.
- PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Assigned duties are accomplished primarily in an office and/or warehouse setting where walking, sitting, bending, reaching, lifting, talking, hearing and good vision is required.
- Gaming Arts; LLC. Reserves the right to make changes to this job description as necessary.
- This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities other than those stated above.
- Gaming Arts; LLC. Encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)