Jr. Software Engineer at FieldRoutes
We need one to Implement complex and core functionality within our platform related to scheduling, payments, billing, route optimization, automated tasks, internal/external APIs, etc.
- Prior working experience with working in a software company or working with a client-facing web application
- Working knowledge of the implementation of complex and core features in a mature codebase
- Strong knowledge of business-critical systems (such as banking, CRM, or field services)
- Strong knowledge of databases and ability to write complex and mission-critical SQL/MySQL queries
- Strong knowledge of git
- Knowledge of front-end technology
- Strong understanding of an Agile work environment and Agile SDLC
- Strong understanding of version control and deployment strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proficiency in one or more RDBMS databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres. PHP preferred
- Advanced proficiency with OOP languages such as Python, Java, and C#. PHP preferred
Development @ FieldRoutes
On the FieldRoutes software development team, code is released daily to tens of thousands of field service staff around the country (our customers' service about 4% of homes in America)—the code you write in the morning could be deployed to thousands of users the same day. Our office software runs on a LAMP stack deployed across self-hosted cloud servers running the same codebase, and our app uses React Native with a continuous integration solution for a clean, build-less release process.
There are lots of differently shaped problems to take on at FieldRoutes, and we are looking for engineers who like challenges, are good problem solvers, and can build on an existing framework to optimize for scale. Customer growth presents interesting challenges—you can find something that interests you, with the opportunity to pioneer and take ownership of key features while you grow with the company. Whether you're interested in front-end user experience, mobile app development, query optimization, dev-ops, application security, or something else entirely, you'll be able to find your place.
The Software Engineer role is a direct-hire, remote position ideal for strong communicators with the ability to be detail oriented and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should also have the ability to track down, solve, and release solutions to bugs and issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
Implement complex and core functionality within our platform related to scheduling, payments, billing, route optimization, automated tasks, internal/external APIs, etc.
Follow existing architecture and provide suggestions for improvements
Propose and implement new systems and processes
Write scripts to alter business-critical datasets with millions of rows of data
Perform code reviews for other developers to ensure best practices are followed
Help mentor, coach, and develop junior members of our development team
Assist with the recruitment of development new hires
Work with the latest technologies and tools to solve the problems that affect our customers
Optimize and tune existing features with poor performance
Some of Our Perks
- Competitive compensation with starting salary ranging between $65,000.00 - $70,000.00 depending on experience
Generous Paid Time Off – 18 days to start and 12 annual paid holidays
Best-in-class health, dental and vision coverage, including Employee-only coverage options fully paid by the company and HSA options with company contributions
100% Company Paid Benefits including Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability programs
Traditional and Roth 401(k) Programs
Progressive paid family (maternity/paternity) and adoption leave
Internal growth and development opportunities