Jr. Java Developer at Florida Blue
We need one to Write code for simple system designs for an insurance agent sales application.
What is Required?
- 2+ years related work experience. Experience Details: Professional experience with technical design and coding in the IT industry
- Java and/or ReactJS experience
- Experience with unit testing and release procedures.
- Basic demonstrated proficiency using versioning tools.
- Demonstrated database and SQL skills
- Working knowledge of Information Technology fields and computer systems.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible team player.
- Ability to manage tasks independently under close supervision and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance.
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Must have an understanding of the systems development life cycle.
- Basic proficiency programming in at least one object-oriented programming language.
- Basic proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio.
- Basic proficiency using debugging tools.
What is preferred?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field Related IT field
- Experience using Agile methodology.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects. Jobs are sedentary if traversing activities are required only occasionally.
- We are an Equal Opportunity/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture for our employees and communities.
We are interested in every qualified applicant who is eligible to work remotely in the United. However, we are not able to sponsor new VISAs.
What is My Impact?
Junior Java Developers are responsible for development, programming, coding of Information Technology solutions for a medical insurance sales application in Java and React.JS. Associate IT Developers are responsible for documenting detailed system specifications, participation in unit testing and maintenance of planned and unplanned internally developed applications, evaluation and performance testing of purchased products. Responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application. Associate IT developers perform job functions under the supervision of IT Developers or Advanced IT Developers.
What Will You Do?
- Write code for simple system designs for an insurance agent sales application.
- Can read and understand system and functional requirements. Adheres to the coding standard/practices established by the advanced developers.
- Write simple technical specifications for single programs.
- Report inaccuracies and inconsistencies found in system and functional requirements to other Developers.
- “Scope” time, resources, etc. required to complete programming projects. Seek review from other Developers on estimates.
- Consult with other IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Project Managers and vendors.
- Accountable for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
- Ensure all SDLC guidelines are adhered to as defined by the SDLC Office to support audit compliance.
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)