Jr. Infrastructure DevOps Engineer at Fortna
We need one to be Responsible for the administration of 3rd party middleware applications used as part of the WCS solution, including but not limited to, JBOSS Applications Server and Active Message Queue.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field or equivalent
- Network topology and infrastructure expertise
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks.
- Strong understanding of Virtual Private Networking
- Working knowledge of server and workstation infrastructure
- Ability to keep up with technology trends and emerging best practices to consistently evolve current solutions
- Working knowledge of storage area network and network-attached storage systems
- Working knowledge of Unix-compliant command-line interfaces
- Ability to understand and diagnose client-server architecture
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to project members and stakeholders
- Must be a team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
- Strong aptitude to pick up new tasks and learn new technology quickly
- Ability to research and quickly become an expert in an IT subject
- Ability to work in a high-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally no more than 50% of the time
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job
- Oracle admin experience
- Linux RHEL/OEL/CentOS admin experience
- VMware or other virtualization experience
- Experience supporting software configuration management systems, such as Ansible
- Previous experience with JBoss and ActiveMQ
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX, Docker and other open source operating systems, software, and tools.
- Strong understanding of high availability protocols and architecture
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.
Job Locations: US-Remote Seniority Level: Entry Level Overview:
The primary focus of this position is to recommend, test, and implement hardware and systems infrastructure, dealing specifically with the Fortna Software department's solutions, with an emphasis on the evolving private cloud.
- Implementing, operating, managing, and integrating complex enterprise IT systems and infrastructure both internally and externally with client deliverables.
- Assisting in supporting Fortna’s provided infrastructure to our clients.
- Producing high-quality project, QA, and infrastructure design documentation, including detailed test, deployment, and back-out plans.
- Remote support and troubleshooting for new and legacy Warehouse Control Systems (WCS) systems.
- Installing new / rebuilding existing servers and configuring hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc., according to standards and project/operational requirements.
- Installing and configuring systems that support WCS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
- Researching and recommending innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Responsible for administration of 3rd party middleware applications used as part of the WCS solution, including but not limited to, JBOSS Applications Server and Active Message Queue.
- Performing system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Performing regular file archival and purging as necessary.
- Creating, changing and deleting user accounts per request.
- Providing Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies including repairing and recovering from hardware or software failures.
- Applying OS and system software patches and upgrades regularly and upgrading administrative tools and utilities.
- Configuring/adding new services as necessary.
- Maintaining operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Performing periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Performing ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Writing, revising and verifying process and test procedures.
- Develop infrastructure-as-code scripts for use in Ansible and related deployment technologies.
- Communicate effectively through strong written and oral communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Other technical tasks as required.
WHAT WE DO
Headquartered in Atlanta with locations globally, Fortna is an award-winning, end-to-end design-build firm whose expertise spans over seven decades of service. Founded in 1946, we provide strategy, automation design & systems integration, and warehouse execution software to the world’s most recognized brands.
WHAT SETS US APART
At Fortna, our three mission-critical pillars connect our people across the globe and help distinguish us as a leader in the marketplace.
Our PEOPLE are at the heart of everything we do. We are guided by a set of business principles and ethics that are baked into the excellence we bring to each project from start to finish.
Our PASSION unites our Associates through our shared passion and commitment to integrity, hard work, and a collaborative approach. We love what we do, and it shows.
We PROMISE to be accountable, act with integrity, and deliver results for our clients. Our diverse team of global Associates work as “One Team” to deliver on our promises to Clients.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Perks and benefits: At Fortna, our people are everything – so the perks and benefits you’ll receive from being part of the Fortna team are generous. From competitive compensation packages and health insurance offerings to Associate-led committees created to drive positive change, the employee experience at Fortna is truly unmatched.
Talent Development: We believe every Associate deserves the resources and support to grow and thrive. That’s why a career at Fortna comes with powerful professional development opportunities. Learn directly from the industry’s best and brightest. Our training, mentoring and on-the-job experiences are designed to enhance your skillset – preparing you for increasingly challenging roles and accelerating your career.
Central to our recruitment process is a commitment to promoting diversity and developing a workplace environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from suitably qualified persons, regardless of any protected characteristics as applicable by local law. In addition, Fortna will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and ability.
Statement to Third Party Agencies - To ALL recruitment agencies: Fortna only accepts resumes from agencies on the Fortna preferred supplier list. Do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Fortna employees, or any Fortna office location. Fortna is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.