Jr. Developer at Pro Act LLC
in this role, You will be supporting custom software with some of the developers that helped create it and modernizing it. You will also be building out needed changes for the future of our company.
- Associate degree OR equivalent work experience required.
- 1+ years of experience to have understanding and proficiency as an engineer with dynamic and/or compiled programming languages
- An understanding of relational databases required (MS SQL is the main DB in use here)
- Experiences with Angular, Azure and/or .NET Core preferred
- Strong communication skills, adaptability and a collaborative mindset required.
- Believer in Lean and Agile values and principles for building software required
- Strong attention to detail and quality required
- Comfortable working with engineers that are remote as well as from the local office, part of our team is Hybrid required
- An understanding of user-centered design processes and a passion for addressing real user needs required
- Ability to communicate user needs (e.g. storytelling, leveraging data) and demonstrate how proposed designs solve those needs to internal team and senior partners required
- Experience working from User Interface concept to completion required
- Comfortable working with multiple teams and on multiple projects at any given time required
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits
- Hybrid position with travel to the office located in beautiful Monterey, CA.
- Career Development Programs
- Casual Attire and all-around FUN place to work!
PRO*ACT is a great company that takes care of its business partners and the employee team that empowers it. We are seeking an awesome individual to join our technology team as a junior developer. This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in a well-established company that is currently growing. You will be supporting custom software with some of the developers that helped create it and modernizing it. You will also be building out needed changes for the future of our company.
- Support and Develop features for current and future state related to Sales and operation’s needs.
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable and tested within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Participate in code reviews and scope execution, help identify opportunities, work through challenges and learn and share knowledge with colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
- Our team will help you grow in the position and acclimate to the business environment.
- Support critical business logic across a suite of robust services and scalable data processing jobs.
- Redesign and develop user-focused creative concepts and themes for our two websites in WordPress
- Support electronic processing such as EDI, contract management for internal and external partners
- Assist and support ongoing changes
- Stay updated on current and new web-based technologies, browsers, and mobile platforms
About the Technology Team
The DevOps team is an automation team. The produce business model is one that has a mix of companies that have limited technical abilities to savvy technical teams. We are transforming our IT department to support the goals of the business. The IT team is a team of 7 including you it will be 8, we work and support each other.
PRO*ACT is America’s leading distributor of fresh produce to the fresh food industry, utilizing its network of over 50 distribution companies operating over 70 third-party inspected, independently owned distribution centers across the United States and Canada. PRO*ACT sources perishable product from premier local, national and regional suppliers and markets a one-call solution to fresh food operators who benefit from PRO*ACT’s category cost management through commodity contract pricing, in-house consultation services, and integrated produce program distribution management.