Jr. Data Engineer at Confluent
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential.
What you will bring:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a Data Engineering role, with a focus on data warehouse technologies, data pipelines and BI tooling.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Expert knowledge of SQL and of relational & cloud database systems and concepts.
- Experience with BigQuery preferred; experience with any other relational data warehouse
- Some knowledge of data architectures, data modeling and data infrastructure ecosystem.
- Experience with Enterprise Go-to-Market (GTM) business systems such as Salesforce, Marketo, Zendesk, Clari, Anaplan, etc.
- Experience with project management tools such as Jira, Trello, and Confluence
- Experience with ETL pipeline tools like Airflow, DBT, and with code version control systems like Git.
- The ability to communicate cross-functionally, derive requirements and architect shared datasets.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. That means being flexible and willing to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful.
What gives you an edge:
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Knowledge of batch and streaming data architectures
- Product mindset to understand business needs, and come up with scalable data engineering solutions
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
This role will be part of the Sales Strategy and Analytics group under Sales Operations. Specifically within the Sales Business Intelligence team, which is brand new and being built out this fiscal year. This team is the engine behind driving a self-serve reporting culture using Tableau for the broader Field Sales Operations organization.
About the Opportunity:
This newly created role will be a key member of the Sales Business Intelligence team and play an active role in accelerating Confluent’s Data Driven and Self-Serve Reporting culture. You will work as part of the team that transforms data into information, which serves as the foundation for analytics and insights. You will utilize your strong technical competencies to develop, establish and maintain datasets that feed our Tableau dashboards and other analytics. This position will report to the Manager of Sales Business Intelligence within the global Sales Strategy & Analytics organization This role will also be supporting our customer success and growth analytics (CSG Analytics) team.
What you will do:
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to move data across a number of platforms including Google BigQuery and real-time systems such as Tableau.
- Work with both the Sales Business Intelligence and CSG Analytics teams to develop, establish and maintain datasets to help drive dynamic tools and reporting.
- Partner with analytics teams and business partners to produce internal data products (Certified Datasets)
- Communicate changes and updates of owned data sources to key stakeholders
- Building Data Pipelines - Create new pipelines or rewrite existing pipelines using SQL, Python on Airflow & DBT
- Data Modeling - Partner with analytic consumers to improve existing datasets and build new ones
At Confluent, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including your work history, education, and professional experience. This position has an annual estimated salary of $110,000 - , an annual bonus, and a competitive equity package. The actual pay may vary depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience.
In addition, Confluent offers a wide range of employee benefits. To learn more about our benefits click here.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.