Jr. Business Systems Analyst at Purpose Financial
What do we do? Our sole purpose is to help each customer achieve their version of financial stability in the moment and in the future.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
This position is targeted for those early in their career with less than 3 years of experience. Familiarity with application requirements and design concepts, testing, and implementation. Working knowledge and experience with querying databases, knowledge of SQL tools (Toad, etc.) preferred, but not required. Understanding of agile development methodologies preferred, but not required.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills as would be needed to communicate in person, by phone, and through email; adaptability and flexibility to changing environment; and comfortable working in a dynamic, high volume, fast-paced environment. Ability to understand and ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and laws governing our industry/business and products. Ability to develop and maintain business relationships. Demonstrated ability to systematically gather relevant information from various sources to address an issue and make prompt and insightful decisions. Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, issue resolution. Software development skills, including design, testing, deployment and support, UML (beneficial, not required).
Sitting for long periods of time; standing occasionally; walking; bending; squatting; kneeling; pushing/pulling; reaching; twisting; frequent lifting of less than 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs.; driving and having access during the workday to an insured and reliable transportation; typing; data entry; grasping; transferring items between hands and/or to another person or receptacle; use of office equipment to include computers; ability to travel to, be physically present at, and complete the physical requirements of the position at any assigned location.
Address : 322 Rhett St, Greenville, South Carolina, United States - 29601
Purpose Financial, Inc. is an innovative consumer financial services company that offers a diverse suite of credit products, promoting financial inclusion and meeting consumers wherever they are. Through its brands, the company is committed to helping customers achieve their version of financial stability in the moment and in the future. Since 1997, Purpose Financial has been a pioneer in the consumer credit and financial services market offering money solutions in over 1,000 storefronts locations and online lending. Providing services in over 20 states, Purpose Financial employs over 2,700 team members.
- At Purpose Financial, our people are our greatest asset. We are inclusive and encourage different points of view. We all belong here. We respect our colleagues. We value our customers, and we support our communities.
- What do we do? Our sole purpose is to help each customer achieve their version of financial stability in the moment and in the future.
- We have a history! Consumers know that when they choose Purpose, they’re backed by a trusted, reliable financial services company with 25 years in the business, 2,700+ employees, 1,000+ store locations, and operating in 24 states.
- Benefits and Perks. We believe our employee benefits should make life better. Purpose Financial offers a comprehensive benefits package to everyone on our team.
- Health & Welfare Benefits. When you take care of yourself, you’re a better you – which is better for everyone!
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts. Pre-tax money for your family’s out-of-pocket expenses.
- 401k with Matching Contributions. Think bigger! You can build a better future.
- Wellness & Employee Assistance Programs. Take care of yourself in every way that matters.
- Generous Vacation Policy & Paid Time Off. Time off to take care of yourself, your family – and your bucket list!
- Volunteer Days. We want you to care. Always. Take 2 days off each year to volunteer and make a difference in your community.
- Tuition Reimbursement. Pursue your goals without fretting over all the costs.
- Employee Discounts. Save on home and auto insurance, cell phone service, entertainment, shopping, pet insurance and even travel.
- Performance Incentives & Awards. We want you to feel valued for all your contributions.
- Hybrid Workforce Support. We believe in getting it done – in whatever way works best for you and your team.
- Want to meet our executive team? Visit our home page at www.havepurpose.com.
This position reports to the Manager, Business Systems Analyst and is a developmental role that will stack success towards advancement within the Business Analyst department while providing maximum value to Purpose Financial. Will collaborate with cross functional teams to understand and implement business changes and new processes. Will gather and document detailed business and system requirements, process flow diagrams and user stories with acceptance criteria. Responsible for requirements elicitation and documentation, user story creation and grooming, and process improvement identification and recommendations.
- Indication of strong analytical skills required, including an ability to work and interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements. It is key that the resource understand when to involve more senior teammates and/or leaders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development, architecture, and quality assurance teams.
- Elicit and drive requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, business analysis and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Responsible for providing analysis and proposals to aid in designing solutions, as part of an integrated team, for software product offerings, enhancements, extensions, features, and defect corrections.
- Responsible for having all requirements documented in the requirements tool, Jama and facilitate reviews with stakeholders to gain acceptance of the requirements.
- Responsible for creation of user stories which utilize the standard format and include adequate acceptance criteria based on the gather requirements for the development, quality assurance and Product Owners to complete their tasks.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Participate in all scrum team rituals many times as the facilitator.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Customer Advocacy
- Interpersonal Skills
- Technical Proficiency/Leadership
Attire: Business Causal
Other: Must be eligible to work in the USA and able to pass a background check.