Java Backend Engineer at Mutual of Omaha
In this role You will improve how millions of people access and interact with our products, the way business partners support our customers and use data, as well as explore new technologies to meet better meet those needs.
Professionally solved challenges for full-stack application development and implementation over the last three or more years with:
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Develops unit tests and uses version control
- Adheres to coding quality standards
- Collaborative attitude and a willingness to work with team members
- Positively impacts team success by multi-tasking and adapting to priority changes
- Driven to pick-up new tech through research and investigation
- Promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization
- Value different ideas and opinions
- Listen courageously and remain curious in all you do
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Must be located in United States or Puerto Rico
- React or Vue, AWS, MuleSoft
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team who makes it possible.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Contribute towards the back-to-front development, testing, maintenance and integration of applications / systems
- Ideation and brainstorming sessions to devise creative and disruptive digital solutions; builds apps, APIs and data solutions to drive toward implementation of those solutions
- Use patterns and leverage modern frameworks to build, maintain, and implement our solutions
- Occasionally play multiple roles (e.g. individual contributor, lead, teacher, mentor)
- Get to know the supported business area(s), have an awareness of related objectives and challenges
- Communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Evaluate options and the performance tradeoffs / benefits
- Focus on accuracy and quality, while continuing to deliver code
This job posting is reflective of the Engineer I essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Engineer II and III level have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging. To learn more about our commitment of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please visit our website
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Estimated Salary: $90,000 - $130,000
- Pay commensurate with experience.
- Recognized as a certified Great Place to Work®.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
We are committed to optimizing flexible work. We support a full range of work approaches: fully remote, hybrid and in-person. Many of our roles are remote. Employees in remote roles may occasionally travel to a Mutual of Omaha office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Remote employees who are assigned a Mutual of Omaha office location can work on-site on a voluntary basis, subject to local and company COVID-19 guidelines.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.