Java Architect at Leidos
Leidos is seeking an experienced Java Architect to be responsible for upgrading or defining new architecture systems to support future and current Java applications for a large US Treasury agency. You will also be involved in software design and the integration of all Java-based applications. To ensure success as a Java architect, you should have in-depth knowledge of software architecture, experience with network design, and high-level Java programming skills.
- Software architecture and design.
- Network design and implementation.
- Web programming skills.
- Project management, including developing budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or engineering; master’s degree a plus.
- Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience as a software developer or Java architect.
- Experience with software network design and implementation.
- Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 8 or SE 11 Programmer Certification; Oracle Certified Master Java SE 6 Developer Certification.
- Ability to be cleared by the US Government via a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI).
- Achieves organization goals by defining, integrating, and upgrading a comprehensive architecture to support Java applications.
- Achieves information architecture operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing production and quality standards, resolving problems, identifying trends, determining system improvements, and implementing change.
- Meets information architecture financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Studies organization mission, goals, and business drivers, and confers with senior management to understand information requirements.
- Defines infrastructure for design and integration of internet computing systems by analyzing information requirements, studying business operations and user-interface requirements, and directing development of physical database.
- Determines platform architecture, technology, and tools.
- Confirms architecture capability and flexibility to support high availability web applications by developing analytical models and completing validation tests.
- Improves architecture by tracking emerging technologies and evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
- Experience working on projects in an IRS/Treasury environment.
- Working with Python, Shell, and PowerShell scripting.
- Experience with CI/CD tools including Jenkins, Jira, and Gitc.
- Experience working with TLS/SSL, Kerberos, and LDAP integration.
- Experience with Informatica.
Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.