iOS Engineer at NOCD
We need one who has 5 + years of experience- You care about what you're building and have built significant production systems in the past. You are comfortable moving across the stack when necessary
What we're looking for:
- Passion for our mission and empathy for our members- building for members means learning about what they're going through. We'll send you resources about OCD is from a members perspective and how it's managed from a clinical perspective
- High Agency and bias to action- We are still a small company and there's a lot of work to do. We trust everyone we hire and will provide them any support they need
- Abundance and growth mindset- There is always more we can do to serve our members. We hope this will be one of the most rewarding professional experiences of your career.
- Clear communication- Ideas are better when shared so we hope that you can share them with others in written form.
- 5 + years of experience- You care about what you're building and have built significant production systems in the past. You are comfortable moving across the stack when necessary
- Building an amazing user experience with our iOS app
Despite being ranked by the World Health Organization as a top 10 most disabling condition, having a lifetime prevalence of over 2%, and causing people to be 10 times more likely to die by suicide, OCD is commonly misrepresented as a personality quirk. Moreover, the "gold-standard" treatment for OCD called Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) has never been widely-accessible. The mission of NOCD is to ensure everyone with OCD knows they are not alone and has access to evidenced based care. Our company started after our founders' own experience with OCD - trying to understand what was happening, going through various misdiagnoses, and finally working with an ERP specialist to get better. We recently raised a series A round and need the help of those who are passionate about our mission to serve those with OCD.
Tools we use:
Web : NextJS / Typescript / Tailwind CSS / Netlify / React
Mobile : Swift / Flutter / Kotlin / Firebase
Backend : Python Flask / MySQL Aurora / Stripe + Paypal / Aptible / AWS
Data : FiveTran / GCP / BigQuery / Metabase / Google Sheets / Data Studio
Internal Tools : Retool / React Native / Google Sheets
Communication: Pen + Paper / Whiteboard / Figma / Google Docs / Slack / Clickup
Things you might do:
Build evidence-based OCD therapy features for our users
Enhance ways our members interact with each other when sharing their journeys with OCD
Communicate with stakeholders to help drive iOS product direction
Casual, challenging, and engaging startup environment with an outstanding mission-driven team atmosphere
Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k).
Flexible PTO policy
Awesome office on Michigan Avenue, ability to work remotely
Onsite amenities including a fitness center
NOCD is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.