Intermediate Software Engineer at Adaptavist
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture.
What we're looking for
- Fluency in Java 8+
- An ability to learn new frameworks and work with reactive programming
- Understanding of serverless and micro-services oriented architecture
- An ability to think innovatively and creatively
A few nice to haves
- Understanding of high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed systems
- Willingness to learn and work on UI (particularly with React and Typescript)
- Experience working with CI/CD
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and communication skills
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies. Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage. Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
The role of Software Engineer will involve building new features, improving and running the existing ScriptRunner for Confluence Cloud product; delivering changes using continuous integration and deployment; using creative thinking to investigate and problem solve customer requirements. The position will participate in Agile ceremonies like standups, ticket estimation and retrospectives, as well as peer code reviews and pairing programming sessions. We want you to contribute to engineering best practices within the team that will be leveraged to own features from idea, development, test, to release, while recognizing and paying down technical debt. We practice continuous integration and delivery, so you will be shipping to production daily, getting fast feedback, and improving. You’ll also be required to work closely with support to investigate and resolve issues in production.
What you'll be doingInvestigating and problem solving
- Researching and documenting how a feature or customer requirement can be built within the constraints of Atlassian’s Connect platform - Designing the systems/services that need to be built in order to implement the solutions to customer requirements
Building and testing serverless applications
- Defining application stacks Implementing business logic and corresponding unit/integration/performance tests - Creating automated build and deployment plans Running, monitoring and debugging services - Configuring useful monitoring and alarms - Analysing logs and metrics for performance, behaviour and to investigate customer support queries
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!