Global Marketing Communications Specialist III at Compassion
We’re looking for a highly motivated and organized marketing communications professional who is comfortable interacting with a variety of individuals and who aspires to bring clarity and focus to all communications.
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree
- Seven years’ professional experience in communications, especially marketing communications
- An impressive and diverse writing portfolio (if invited to move forward in the interview process, we will ask to review your portfolio)
- The mission: Join a team that is motivated to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
- Our benefits: Receive generous paid time off, 10% contribution to a 403(b) retirement fund on top of your salary, excellent healthcare coverage, free short-term professional counseling, and more
We’re looking for a highly motivated and organized marketing communications professional who is comfortable interacting with a variety of individuals and who aspires to bring clarity and focus to all communications. In this position, you will work on a variety of projects, requiring strategic and creative communication strengths. You will serve global teams to make sure their messaging is relevant for their local audiences and aligned to Compassion’s brand voice. You will also provide communications expertise that is informed by strategic Experience Design methodologies and tools as well as human-centered design best practices. To this end, you will prototype and test regularly to ensure value and connection with the audience. In this role, you will serve global campaigns, global product, global brand, and global disaster communication projects regularly.
What will you do?
Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintaining a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully uphold Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
Act as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understand Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commit to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abide by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Report any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately support responses to incidents if they occur.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core
- Cultural Behaviors
- Actively build relationships with other departments to ensure successful cooperation when producing marketing communication projects.
- Play a key role in the creation and development of global external marketing campaigns.
- Ensure projects and campaigns connect and reinforce the organization’s communications narrative.
- Input into global communications standards to equip and empower local teams to express Compassion’s voice.
- Support internal and external brand activation campaigns.
- Cast campaign vision to team members and other stakeholders, inspire enthusiastic support, and drive towards the successful completion of key campaigns.
- May coach and provide expertise to other professionals and support staff in the marketing and communications disciplines.
Spiritual growth: Participate in regular chapel services, prayer groups, and department devotionals.