Global Data Parts Analyst at General Motors
This role will be responsible for providing service parts readiness information to Aftersales Program Readiness Managers (APRM) and other key partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Data related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in a professional role as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Experience with Customer Care & Aftersales (CCA) Data, Engineering Parts Data, mainframe systems, or any CCA systems (Product Release & Change System (PRCS), Aftersales Release & Cataloging (ARC), Global Product Description System (GPDS), Material Global Optimization (MGO), Aftersales & Status Timing System (ASTS), Aftersales Transactional Data Store (ATDS), Business Planning System (BPS), End User Computing (EUC), Service Readiness Tool (SRT), and Macro Timing)
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Access and Excel, intermediate proficiency with Knime.
- Strong background in data analysis, data reporting, and data management coupled with the adept process mapping and improvements.
- Budget and Program/Project Management skills
Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
The Global Data Parts Analyst is an exciting role that interacts with many different organizations, such as Global Aftersales Engineering, Supply Chain and Purchasing to support the readiness of the service parts for the new vehicles launches.
This role will be responsible for providing service parts readiness information to Aftersales Program Readiness Managers (APRM) and other key partners. Some of the key tasks include creating, managing, and delivering service parts lists and associated data. Hands on data creation, management, and analysis will be required. This role is responsible for solving sophisticated data issues and using data to make informed business decisions.
- Create Service Parts Lists by vehicle program
- Leading meetings for status report outs and collaborating with GM IT
- Facilitate Bi-Weekly Service Parts Readiness Meetings
- Serve as a liaison between different supply chain station owners
- Provide service parts readiness information to Aftersales Program Readiness Managers (APRM) and other key partners
- Conduct reviews/audits to identify parts required at the start of production
- Build and maintain service part release tracking reports, charts and graphs
- Develop reports for all levels of the organization and create ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Problem Solving activities to help identify gaps in business logic, data, and data processing
- Identify business challenges and develop analytical solutions to optimize business processes
- Create and post weekly vehicle part summaries, and publish accurate part metrics.
- Manage new and old model year information
- Ability to streamline processes and improve efficiency and productivity.
- Partner with GM IT to solve complex problems
- Migrate and transform to new data tools
Additional Job Description
- The expected base compensation for this role is: $86,460 - $141,060. Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
- The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us [email protected] or call us at800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.