Fullstack Software Engineer at Quorum
As a Fullstack Software Engineer, you will join the PAC team, a product-oriented squad led by an Engineering Manager.
- You have 1+ years of software development experience in a software company
- You care deeply about the code you write and either have significant technical skills solving real-world problems or the drive to quickly develop them
- You're a highly-motivated self-starter who wants to make valuable contributions to a team from day 1
- You're an engaged learner—you want to expand your skills, get your hands dirty, and find solutions to challenging problems that require tradeoffs
- You want to work in a fun environment where you can form real friendships with other professionals and where you have a strong sense of belonging at a growing startup
- You're excited to pitch in where ever needed, from helping in recruiting to supporting customers
- You are looking to join a dynamic team immediately
Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
As a Fullstack Software Engineer, you will join the PAC team, a product-oriented squad led by an Engineering Manager. You'll be a key part of this team's primary mission to launch Quorum's first PAC product to market in 2022. You'll work across the stack using React/Redux, Django, and PostgreSQL, as well as have the opportunity to shape the technical architecture of a brand new product.
What You'll Do
- First Week: You'll ship new code to production
- First Month: You'll write code at several levels of the stack, from infrastructure to the API to the UI
- First Six Months: You'll take ownership of an entire set of features and make decisions that impact many clients
- First Year: You'll help guide our team as we make broad technical decisions impacting our stack, our products, and the growth of the entire company
About the Software Development Team
- We’re a fast-growing team that is dedicated to improving our people, processes, and platform. The 100+ person team is composed of different functions including software engineering, Product Management, Product Design, QA, Devops/SRE and an Information Security team.
- We support many different products but internally think of them as one system with a single unified codebase. Our goal is to build centralized systems that handle complex problems for multiple features and products.
- We’re focused on doing the important things the right way - we write solid documentation, test our code well, design for scale, and follow defined software development processes.
- We follow best-in-class security practices to safeguard our data and application against bad actors. We regularly test and update processes and technology to fight complacency, because we know good security is a continuous effort.
- We curate high-quality datasets that are essential for effective mapping and tracking of the government and public affairs spaces. Our datasets underpin our promise to give users the information necessary to make smart decisions that influence policy.
- We set rigorous quality standards and monitor them with a mix of programmatic and manual verifications to ensure users maintain a high degree of trust in our systems.
- We’re very close as a team and invest not only in each others’ skills and careers but also in building real relationships with one another: product development is a team sport and we believe that it’s better (and more fun) to work on a team of people that you know well and care about.
Our Work Environment
We are a hybrid team with flexible work options: work remotely or choose to come into our vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office in Washington DC.
Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office - both together and remote, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, virtual art classes and wine tasting.
Do you want to learn what it's like to have a real impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
Base Salary: $90,000.00–$135,000.00 (commensurate with experience) + Signing Bonus
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Company holidays plus additional company-wide days off for team members to rest and recharge
- Four Day Weekends for President’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Free Subscription to the Calm app
- Invest in Yourself Days - one designated day per quarter is dedicated to your professional development!
- Monthly professional development stipend
- One-time Work from Home Stipend
- 401k match
- Choice of trans-inclusive medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Access to the CIGNA Ginger App to provide behavioral health coaching, therapy, psychiatry and self-care resources
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Bright sunlit open office concept with your own dedicated desk (if you want it)
- Inclusion & Diversity Affinity Groups to support belonging
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- For any questions regarding any open roles on our team, please reach out to [email protected]
- Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
- In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Fullstack Software Engineer role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year