Full Stack Software Engineer, with Front-end Experience at EAB
As a Software Engineer, you will be joining our superb software engineering team to solve engaging problems that feed into our two-week release cycle.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent years of experience) and 2+ years of professional software development experience
- OR Master's Degree and 1+ years of professional software development experience
- Development experience with object-oriented programming concepts in Python programming language
- Development experience with SQL, writing efficient queries, and indexing
- Ability to work with engineers and product management teams in requirements definition, design, and development of software products
- Development experience with git-based version control
- Understanding of SDLC and the technical and business challenges that come with development of a product
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and quickly learn new technologies
- Thorough, methodical, problem solver, and creative with extreme attention to detail
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills. This role must easily be able to have clear communication over email, IM, phone, and in person.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Expert at time management as well as working & finding answers to questions independently
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with React/Redux, Typescript, CSS, and HTML
- Knowledge of AWS Lambda, Node.js, Kotlin or Java, and SQL
- Knowledge of basic back-end software patterns and architecture
- Experience with object-oriented, functional, declarative, and imperative programming
- Experience with Agile development
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
- If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
- Full Stack Software Engineer, with Front-end Experience
- As a Software Engineer, you will be joining our superb software engineering team to solve engaging problems that feed into our two-week release cycle.
- You will also participate in a culture of collaboration and growth that provides mentorship and paths for career advancement.
- This can be a remote position or can be based in one of EAB's office locations: Washington, D.C., Richmond, VA., or Birmingham, AL.
- Work with the development manager, product managers and stakeholders to get clarification on business requirements and then implement solutions including code development and database design
- Collaborate with product, design, software engineering, and data teams to achieve common goals
- Gain an in-depth understanding of all of the team's code, systems, and tools
- Support operations by identifying, researching and resolving performance and issues in a production environment
- Ensure high quality solutions by implementing unit tests and supporting the creation and design of integration, load and user acceptance tests
- Independently break down, estimate, design, plan and deliver small and medium sized features
- Contribute to existing tech stack and actively research and advocate for new tools, technologies, and methodologies to evolve it over time
- Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.