Full Stack Software Engineer at Jack Henry and Associates, Inc.
This opportunity will be working directly with the Jack Henry Next-Generation, Cloud-Native Technology Strategy Team.
What you’ll need to have:
- Minimum of 4 years of software development experience.
- Experience developing .NET Core apps exposing REST API’s.
- Experience delivering software in an agile environment including automated build/deploy pipelines (e.g. CI/CD, Jenkins, Azure Pipelines, GitLabs, Octopus).
- Able to travel 5 % for internal meetings, workshops, and/or training.
- What would be nice for you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Strong interest in mentoring other developers and presenting apps & technologies to stakeholders.
- Experience using Angular or React.
- SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB) database experience.
- Apache or Confluent Kafka experience.
- Experience deploying into Docker Containers and Kubernetes (esp Google Cloud Platform).
- Experience with cloud-based tools and techniques such as key vaults, certificates, feature-flagging, zero-downtime deployment techniques, etc.
- Experience with DevOps tools like Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana.
- Silverlake or CIF 20/20 product experience helpful.
At Jack Henry, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you’ll join us. We can’t do it without you.
As part of the new Jack Henry Wires delivery team, you will be at the center of our next-generation, cloud native, microservices based solutions development initiative, focused on creating wires transfer solutions for small to mid-sized banks and credit unions, you’ll be at the center of our strategic development initiatives for new banking applications, specifically working on the piece of this project focused on wire transfers. In your daily activities as a full-stack Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to work in an agile team creating new banking applications using .NET Core and Angular in a cloud-native technology stack as well as engage daily with other Software engineers, product owners, and test automation engineers in your team.
This opportunity will be working directly with the Jack Henry Next-Generation, Cloud-Native Technology Strategy Team. Click here for additional information on this new multi-year strategy centered on the company’s ongoing development of a single, modern, open-banking platform.
This position can be based to work out of any Jack Henry office or remote from any US location.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Complete product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Provide technical/engineering support for new and existing applications through the complete life-cycle of the application.
- Participate in story-point sizing of software deliverables.
- Ensure timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Develop and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices (ex: unit testing).
- Create and maintain required technical documentation.
- Adhere to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participate in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Work with test team and product owner team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Perform release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Research problems and develop solutions to the problems.
- Assist in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- May contribute to product architecture.
- May perform other job duties as assigned.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet motivated people who align with Jack Henry’s mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.
Why Jack Henry?
At Jack Henry, we pride ourselves through our motto of, "Do the right thing, do whatever it takes, and have fun." We recognize the value of our associates and believe much of our company’s strength and success depends on their well-being.
We demonstrate our commitment by offering outstanding benefit programs to ensure the physical, mental & financial wellbeing of our people is always met.
Culture of Commitment
Ask our associates why they love Jack Henry, and many will tell you it is because our culture is exceptional. We do great things together. Rising to meet challenges and seeking opportunities is part of who we are as an organization. Our culture has helped us stay strong through challenging times and we credit our dedicated associates for our success. Visit our Corporate Responsibility site to learn more about our culture and commitment to our people, customers, community, environment, and shareholders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.
Requests for full corporate job description may be requested through the interview process at any time.