Full Stack Engineer at Woven Teams
Experience you have
- This role can span a mid-career to senior level engineer. You probably have 3+ years of professional software engineering (not including internships) experience
- You’ve worked in different areas of the stack (e.g. front end, backend, mobile)
- You have experience working in a remote environment with teammates in multiple time zones.
Nice to haves
- These are not requirements of the role, especially for non-senior candidates, but they will aid in your ability to join and contribute to the team rapidly.
- Working knowledge of automated unit tests in backend and frontend technology stacks
- Working knowledge of some of the following technologies: Ruby, Rails, Applicant Tracking Systems (Lever, Greenhouse, Workable, etc), Heroku, Sidekiq, Python, React
- Working knowledge of low/no code systems like Airtable, Trello, Front, Slack
- A polyglot, familiar with both dynamic and statically typed languages
- Experience performing light user-testing of features or prototypes with customers
- Experience translating high-fidelity design mockups to working code
- Interest in software engineering challenges/scenarios
About the Company
Most companies hire based on gut feel and credentials, not evidence of a candidate’s ability to excel at the job. Today's most forward-thinking Engineering leaders know that talent is everywhere and comes from a variety of backgrounds. They know that great senior engineers are great at debugging, technical communication, and architecture beyond writing great code. Woven scenarios allow hiring teams to predict how well candidates will perform on the job, not how well they will perform in an interview.
Over your career, you’ve built production level systems (preferably with Ruby on Rails, but that’s not a hard requirement). You’ve participated in technical interviews - both as an interviewer and interviewee. You’ve developed opinions about what works and what doesn’t work and how to make these interviews more engaging and unbiased.
The Problem You’ll Own
We’ve built a system that helps companies find highly qualified engineers by using a series of real world scenarios during their interview process. No trick questions, no puzzles, no FizzBuzz. Think debugging live systems, designing new ones, and collaborating on technical topics. These help the candidate show what they are truly capable of doing and allow our customers to find amazing engineers for their team.
You’ll be building new features to help improve the hiring manager experience - be it selecting appropriate challenges for their roles or evaluating candidates that have applied to roles. You’ll be working to make our candidate experience even better. To eliminate the gap between talent and opportunity, we must build a platform that supports the same level of quality at scale. That’s where you come in.
What you’ll be doing
- Taking the platform to the next level by implementing features to support both our customers and their candidates.
- Supporting a team of engineers to ensure our customers are evaluating their candidates for the role they need to fill with scenarios to reflect real world problems - no puzzles, no trick questions, no FizzBuzz.
- You can do most work asynchronously, and we'd like the ability to work together as needed. As a result, we'd ideally like applicants to be within a few hours of US Eastern time, but are open to a wider time range for the right candidate. We’re a fully distributed team and collaborate mostly over Slack and Zoom.
What’s in it for you
- Radical transparency: company financials, compensation, strategy, etc
- Fully remote work at a remote-first company with flexible hours
- Annual cash compensation: ~$145k
- Significant equity (and the info to fairly value that equity) in a high-growth startup
- Unlimited PTO with 38 days off minimum
- Employer-sponsored health insurance
- 401(k) plan w/ match
- 8 weeks 100% paid parental leave at 1 year
- A tech stipend for great gear, home office improvements, and extracurricular learning
- A passionate team of co-conspirators
We encourage you to apply even if you don't have this exact experience! In the worst case, you’ll waste a bit of time on your application. In the best case, you land your dream job. It's worth a shot, right?
We recently raised our series A totaling $10MM in funding from High Alpha and Allos Ventures - investors in incredible companies like Lessonly, Salesloft and G2.
We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $125,000.00 - $145,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave