Full Stack Developer at WESTAT
Westat is seeking a highly motivated web application programmer/developer who will be responsible for the development and implementation of web applications to support a variety of projects across our research domains.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or related field.
- Java or C# programming skills are required.
- 1 year of experience.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
- REST frameworks (Spring/Spring Boot, ASP.NET Core etc.)
- Automated testing.
- Relational databases (SQL Server, MySQL, etc.)
- NoSql datastores (Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; detail-oriented and work well in a team environment.
Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is seeking a highly motivated web application programmer/developer who will be responsible for the development and implementation of web applications to support a variety of projects across our research domains. You will join a technical community of developers and engineers providing intuitive, responsive systems to collect high quality data using various leading edge technologies and modern software development tools and platforms.
- Developing responsive, fluid interfaces for the web and/or mobile platforms.
- Developing and contributing to the design of backend microservices.
- Building and maintaining automated test suites.
- Providing technical and operational support to existing web applications.
- Working with both subject matter experts and IT staff to define and document system requirements.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.
Computer Systems and Applications
The anticipated pay for this position is $60,000 - $74,800 and will commensurate with experience.