Full Stack Developer at Washington Technology Industry Association
The ideal candidate has WordPress and webmaster experience, is an exceptional web developer and designer, has an eye for detail, works fast and flawlessly, and can build strong, professional relationships with a diverse blend of people.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field plus 3-5 or more years’ related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Web protocols
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Content Management Systems (WordPress)
- Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint)
- Google Analytics
- Ability to organize and prioritize time-sensitive deliverables to meet ambitious deadlines.
- Ability to apply good judgment, attention to detail, and sound decision-making skills to deliver impactful results
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to professionally collaborate with a diverse blend of personalities and stakeholders, both in and outside of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong proofreading and copy editing expertise
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. WTIA seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
- The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Equal employment opportunity is a fundamental principle at WTIA. We are committed to a work environment in which relationships are characterized by dignity, courtesy, and respect. We are committed to nondiscrimination in all business operations.
This role is responsible for the optimal functioning of multiple WTIA-owned websites. An individual in this role must conceptualize internal stakeholder marketing requests, applying graphic design across a range of media, as well as control the revitalization and upkeep of multiple WordPress websites. The ideal candidate has WordPress and webmaster experience, is an exceptional web developer and designer, has an eye for detail, works fast and flawlessly, and can build strong, professional relationships with a diverse blend of people. You are well-versed in creating, managing, and updating website pages and digital collateral. This position is well suited for a candidate with a background in freelance web design and development.
- Manage the complete software development process from conception to deployment
- Maintain and upgrade the software following deployment
- Manage the end-to-end life cycle for the production of software and applications
- Oversee and guide the analyzing, writing, building, and deployment of software
- Oversee the automated testing and provide feedback to management during the development process
- Build secure, functional, and easy-to-use websites (including e-commerce) for new business units
- Conduct audits across browsers, operating systems, and devices, optimizing loading speeds and capacity
- Update, troubleshoot, fix defects and extend the functionality of existing websites, systems, applications, plug-ins, and content management systems
- Monitor websites and create reports of successes/failures
- Modify and test changes to previously developed programs
- Deduce and document use cases from customer requirements
- Set up database structures and relationships
- Develop application workflows and create application logic
- Create integration interfaces via Web Services
- Re-configure Google analytics structure and accurately report out strategically relevant data
- Create graphical user interface layouts
- The ability to code and script applications
- Extend application logic and integration interfaces with custom Java
- Deliberate decision making and architectural ownership with respect to design and development of functionality within the context of the deliverable application.
- Understanding of development effort and estimations; communicating progress to the team manager.
- Documentation of either or, user manuals, (non-)functional application requirements, business processes, work flows, project plans and planning, systems architecture, etc.