Full Stack Developer at Avant
We need one to Work with other engineers and technical product managers to write, test, and deploy your code safely to production
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 1 year or more of previous experience coding in Python is a major plus in this role
- You are familiar with cloud technologies, we use AWS extensively along with some GCP
- You have a fundamental understanding design, development, and maintenance of highly available services
- You’re a pragmatic generalist programmer who will not only help execute but also will provide a strong voice for technological direction of systems at Avant
- You are excited about refactoring and system design as we migrate to a service-based architecture and prepare for scaling and increasing data flow
- You’re entrepreneurial, self-driven, and take pride in improving our customers’ experiences
- You have fundamental knowledge of computer science fundamentals and coding/testing best practices
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- You like communicating directly with business units from all over the company to ensure you understand and can best handle the pain points and the wide range of stakeholders' needs
As we continue to build more robust features and integrations within our financial applications, our engineering teams are hiring talented professionals to contribute to our innovative new platform. Avant is looking to hire an experienced Fullstack engineer to help in this endeavor! We're looking for a Fullstack Engineer who will work primarily on Frontend, but also about 20% on backend projects.
What you do at Avant:
- Work with other engineers and technical product managers to write, test, and deploy your code safely to production
- Contribute to projects from beginning to end- We're working on a large integration of our loans/credit product into our banking application. The goal is to create a multi-product platform with a unified customer experience!
- We architect, deploy, and manage our own infrastructure
- We build big data and machine learning tools and frameworks
- Be a part of a strong culture of ownership, pragmatism, and testing
- Develop and maintain developer focused tooling empowering the organization though increased ease and efficiency
- Take on a platform architecture role in requirements gathering, scoping and design sessions
- We have a culture that treats engineers as both teachers and students, and encourage this by presenting weekly Lunch and Learns, hosting hackathons, and attending conferences
- We are the core of technical problem solvers and reserve force for all technical tasks and issues at Avant
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Check out our Avant Blog!
We believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences helps us create the most innovative solutions for our customers. We invite you to apply to our positions even if you do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed in the description. If you’re passionate about our mission and aligned to our values, we hope you’ll come contribute to our awesome culture.
Why Avant is the place for you:
- At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
- Authenticity. We show up to work as our whole selves and make sure others can too.
- Collaboration. We can only succeed when we do so as a team.
- Problem-Solving. The harder the problem, the more satisfying the solution.
- Customer. We are all owners of the customer experience.
- Initiative. Plan. Adapt. Get Sh!t Done.
We believe that great ideas come from anyone and anywhere, that everyone is an owner who drives change, and that we have more fun when we work together. We're problem solvers who love collaborating with intelligent and highly-motivated people to reshape the face of digital banking. Avant offers terrific perks and benefits, fun social events with employees who actually like hanging out together, and a flexible growth environment where trying your hand at new projects and being the active owner of your career path is encouraged and supported.
Some of our benefits include:
- Choice of great Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plan options
- 401(k) Match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Environment
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Lunch Allowance (Fooda) and In-office Snacks
- WFH Stipends for our Remote Employees
- Access to LinkedIn Learning for Professional Development
- No Meeting Wednesdays - (a.k.a. planned time to Get Sh!t Done)
- Summer Fridays
- Fun In-Office and Virtual Social Events
- And who doesn’t love the swag
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you'll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date or before working in or visiting our Chicago office. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination. Subject to applicable law and requests for accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $175,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance