Frontend Software Engineer at Rebellion Defense
What your mission is:
- Must have extensive experience building products using the latest versions of React and Next.js, CRA, Express.js or equivalent.
- Experience leveraging Storybook to create and test modular components.
- Working knowledge both implementing and using GraphQL and REST APIs
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols (e.g. HTTP/2) and web server optimization techniques (e.g. caching, CDNs, proxies, request coalescing). Demonstrated knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals, and experience identifying and resolving performance and scalability issues.
You may be fit for this role if your expertise aligns to:
- Team facilitation skills (planning, brainstorming, retros, etc)
- Giving and receiving feedback (design and code)
- Ability to collaborate with Design, Product, and other Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
- Keenness to work closely with our customers to iterate quickly on the user experiences that we build.
Rebellion Defense builds mission-focused AI products for the defense and security of the United States, the United Kingdom, and our allies. We are a well capitalized, venture-backed technology company that creates software which transforms data into decision advantage.
Our people are passionate about creating a company where technologists empower our military and civil servants to solve some of the hardest problems in government. Rebellion Defense is driven by our mission — but a set of core values binds us together: we hire by them, operate through them, and uphold them in every decision we make for ourselves and for our customers.
Product and Engineering: Rebellion's Product and Engineering teams work in close partnership to identify and understand our customers pain points and needs and then to build products that solve their areas of concern. Leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning, Rebellion’s products provide clearer visibility and more in-depth understanding of the threat landscape in order to support successful mission execution. Our products are designed to deliver comprehensive battlespace awareness, autonomous mission execution, and cyber readiness to our defense and national security customers.
The annual salary range for this role as it is posted is 145,000 to 255,000 regardless of final candidate location within the US. The final job level and annual salary will be determined based on the education, qualification, knowledge, skills, ability, and experience of the final candidate(s), and calibrated against relevant market data and internal team equity. Benefits listed in this posting may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Rebellion Defense. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
The Nature of our Work: We are driving fast change to an extremely regulated industry. Many of the national security programs that are supported by Rebellion’s products operate in secure environments and access to those spaces and the data in them may require an active personnel security clearance. It is a requirement of this position that you are able to obtain and hold a personnel security clearance at the right level.
Our commitment to candidate experience:
- We are a team of advocates for our candidates while building a fair and equitable process.
- Our team empowers our candidates, business partners, and each other through transparency, honesty, and empathy.
- We are committed to hiring a unique and diverse team with the shared vision that Rebellion is the go-to AI suite for national defense and security.
Our Interview Process:
- To start, you’ll have an initial 30 minute conversation with one of our amazing recruiters to learn more about you and your career goals.
- Next, you’ll dive deeper into your background and expertise with the Hiring Manager for 30-45 minutes
- Lastly, you will have the opportunity to meet with members across our team for competency focused interviews covering both technical aspects of the role and our company culture.
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to be a part of something bigger; a mission with real impact
- A chance to be a part of a people-first team
- Robust career growth and advancement opportunities
- A comprehensive range of benefits that are fair, equitable, and competitive that include the following:
- Company-paid, full coverage, inclusive health care (Medical, Dental Vision) for you and your family.
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Annual Vacation Bonus
- Generous Parental Leave
- Stock option grants
- Retirement & Savings Plan with company match
- An Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Rebellion Defense is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. Rebellion Defense does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with federal, state, and local law.
Federal Contractor Vaccine Mandate:
As a condition of employment, all candidates will need to submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation. Rebellion Defense will consider and review reasonable accommodation requests based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates. Please consider this new requirement when applying to Rebellion Defense.