Frontend Engineer at Warner Music Group
- You have 5+ years of professional experience building a consumer or b2b enterprise tech product
- You have experience building and maintaining UI component libraries and have worked with product managers and designers on implementing a design system
- You build complex components that are responsive, scalable, and reusable
- You are comfortable working with other engineers to build and design APIs that take into consideration security and scale
- You are knowledgeable about DevOps practices and frameworks such as Github, AWS Code Deploy/Build/Pipeline, Serverless Framework, etc.
- You can be scrappy and innovative when working with tight timelines, but you also advocate for long-term code quality
- You enjoy mentoring and building collaborative coding environments
- You have a passion for independent music and helping artists at all stages of their careers
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
ADA is WMG’s distribution arm for independent labels and DIY artists. The Product & Integration team is responsible for the technology that services our global community of independent artists & labels. We build tools that artists & labels use to run their careers and businesses. Our platform ensures that creative content is distributed out to the market accurately, on time, and set up to industry and artistic standards. We must constantly innovate to keep up with the music industry and provide opportunities, revenue, & promotion tools to the indie community.
This role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing independent music distributors as the first Frontend Engineer, reporting to the SVP of Product & Integration. You will execute on the ADA product vision & roadmap, while helping to build our team and engineering culture. You will work with engineers on WMG’s Global Tech team to ensure alignment on product strategy, UI architecture, design, and development between ADA and WMG. You will get to deliver consistent, high-quality products that are adopted by dispersed global teams and help transform the ADA Tech Team through shaping of best practices, platform architecture, and creating new products & processes that help us deliver a high volume of new music to market.
Here you’ll get to:
- Be a founding member of ADA’s Tech team & help build our engineering culture and processes
- Be responsible for delivering a best-in-class distribution product & carry out the frontend architecture & engineering vision for
- and our DIY product,
- Shape ADA’s product development practices while partnering with WMG’s Global Tech leadership on mission-critical projects & integrations.
- Design & build workflows to transform the entire organization into a product- and user experience-minded team
- Maintain documentation for all of ADA’s web UI components
- Ship high-quality code daily, innovating on hard-to-solve problems of the music industry
- Evaluate product challenges and work with WMG Global Technology, Global Operations, and ADA leadership to arrive at the best-fit solution
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Job Posting Range
$100,000 - $170,000 Annually
Job Posting Ranges are included for all New York and California job postings and 100% remote roles where talent can be located in NYC and CA. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.