Frontend Engineer at thredUP Inc
We need one to Collaborate with peers and other cross-functional teams around the globe to execute on business initiatives
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong experience with SPA JS frameworks (preferably React)
- Ability to work well with non-engineer stakeholders
- Effective communication skillsOwnership, trust, responsibility and proactiveness
What We’d be Extra Excited About:
- Experience with ecommerce and/or second hand clothing
- Experience utilizing progressive web technologies, such as web push
- Experience with SEO / Related tools like the Google Search Console
- Experience in other technologies– our broader team includes Android and iOS client development as well as backend services in Ruby, Kotlin, Python, and Node. We regularly interact with Kubernetes and Docker based infrastructure
thredUP is transforming resale with technology and a mission to inspire a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first. By making it easy to buy and sell secondhand, thredUP has become one of the world’s largest resale platforms for women’s and kids’ apparel, shoes and accessories. Sellers love thredUP because we make it easy to clean out their closets and unlock value for themselves or for the charity of their choice while doing good for the planet. Buyers love shopping value, premium and luxury brands all in one place, at up to 90% off estimated retail price. Our proprietary operating platform is the foundation for our managed marketplace and consists of distributed processing infrastructure, proprietary software and systems and data science expertise. In 2018, we extended our platform with thredUP’s Resale-As-A-Service (RaaS Ⓡ), which facilitates modern resale for a number of the world’s leading brands and retailers. thredUP has processed over 125 million unique secondhand items from 35,000 brands across 100 categories. By extending the life cycle of clothing, thredUP is changing the way consumers shop and ushering in a more sustainable future for the fashion industry.
How You Will Make An Impact:
Partnering with thredUP's marketing and product teams, you'll leverage your web technical expertise to craft tools to positively impact the customer lifecycle. Our team spans promotions, loyalty, notifications, and more to create an experience with customers that brings them to secondhand first.
Build your skill set and explore new concepts (gamification, anyone?) as you help shape thredUP's customer growth and retention in the US and abroad.
In This Role You’ll Get To:
- Focus on front-end software development (React/Typescript/GraphQL)
- Collaborate with peers and other cross-functional teams around the globe to execute on business initiatives
- Implement experiments and cycle iteratively with validated learnings
- Participate in peer code review processes
- Support code with automated testing
- Build scalable systems using best engineering practices, while understanding the tradeoff between time and perfection
- Set realistic timelines and communicate them effectively to technical and business stakeholders
- Contribute towards improving our architecture, processes, and engineering culture
- Be willing and able to conform to team conventions around code style and best practices
What We Offer:
- 4-day work week with Fridays off
- Competitive salary (we leverage market data) + stock
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Flexible PTO (take the time you need) + 13 company holidays (US offices)
- Paid Sabbatical after 3 years of full time employment
- Generous paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance offered
- We live by our Core Values of Transparency, SpeakingUP, Thinking Big, Infinite Learning, Influencing Outcomes & Seeking the Truth
- Voted “50 Most Innovative Companies of 2020”
- - RaaS - Finalist in Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards 2021
- 2021 FORTUNE Change the World Finalist
- We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our team.
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we are proud to have fostered a workplace that is one-of-a-kind. As a company focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Be you.
If you are a Colorado applicant, please e–mail [email protected] for salary information.