Front-end Web Developer (Gvmt. Websites) at Granicus Inc.
We are looking for a Front -end Web Developer to work on various web projects for our government customers.
Who You Are:
- At least 3 years of front-end web development experience
- Expertise creating / manipulating HTML 5, CSS 3, Mobile-First Responsive Design
- Proficiency with CSS pre-processors like SCSS
- Ability to QA and debug front-end issues across browsers / devices
- Experience working in content management systems - open source or proprietary
- Experience using Adobe XD, Figma, Photoshop or similar software
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy – in thinking and execution
- Must be able to provide 2-3 examples of work
- Note: Candidates selected for interviews will be given a skills assessment task.
Bonus Experience and Qualifications:
- Understanding of web standards and accessibility
- SaaS experience
- Local Government or non-profit website experience
- Excitement for managing multiple simultaneous tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- High learning velocity and enthusiasm for excellence
- Love of problem-solving and the ability to think outside the box
Granicus is the leading provider of citizen engagement technologies and services for the public sector, bringing governments closer to the people they serve with the first-and-only Civic Engagement Platform. Granicus works with more than 5,500 government organizations and connects more than 280 million people in the largest Citizen Subscriber Network of its kind.
We are looking for a Front -end Web Developer to work on various web projects for our government customers. Web Developers work closely with broader project teams that include UX, Design, QA, Project Management, and Implementation resources to deliver new client websites and make modifications for existing customers that exceed their expectations. Deep knowledge of front-end web development, prioritization skills, attention to detail, versatility, and enthusiasm for client success are cornerstones for this role.
Candidates should bring a consultative approach and a "whatever it takes" attitude to ensure client success.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for CMS theme configuration and customization based on technical specification documents (Adobe XD, Figma)
- Responsible for styling of existing CMS widgets and creation of custom widget layouts using HTML and CSS
- Light image manipulation and optimization when required to produce responsive markup
- Website quality assurance and accessibility checking – cross browser / device
- Code review with peers
- Follow defined development standards and maintain documentation
- Manage a backlog ensuring timely completion of tasks assigned to you
- Work within project teams, adhering to strict timeframes and budgets
- Support implementation group peers (PM’s, design, UX) with technical questions – usually client initiated
Security Requirement: Responsible for “Company” information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of “Company” information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Median salary range: $60-70K annual (starting rate may vary by experience and/or location).
Granicus provides technology and services that empowers government organizations to create seamless digital experiences for the people they serve. By offering the industry’s leading cloud-based solutions for communications, content management, meeting and agenda management, and digital services to over 4,000 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities. Come see the impactful work we’ve done on communities across the country (and world!): https://granicus.com/success-stories/
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer-paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office-based employees
- Free snacks and drinks in our offices
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.