Front-End Engineer II at Amazon Web Services, Inc.
We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent work experience).
- 2+ years of non-internship professional front-end development experience.
- 1+ years of experien
- with at least one front-end framework such as React, Angular, or jQuery.
Come build experiences on aws.amazon.com!
The Site Chrome and Rendering (SCAR) team is responsible for building and owning a set of micro-services that ingest data from various data sources and render a personalized/targeted experience. Our services are built and deployed in NAWS using Java, Node.js for backend and React/JSX, TypeScript, ESM for building out templates. Our infrastructure is managed in code by leveraging AWS CDK framework.
Our roadmap includes scaling the dynamic rendering services to allow development of third-party templates by building tools, guardrails and framework. We also are building a new navigation (header, footer, breadcrumb) which is contextual and personalized.
Our team puts a high value on work-live harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. Our team is located in the Seattle office but we're flexible when team members need to occasionally work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am - 5pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee- led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
Key job responsibilities
- Experience with building front-end infrastructure in large-scale web applications
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
- Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.